Sony "Old" camera technology Bargains

mta1963

Rookie
I Treated myself today. A brand new NEX7 with kit lens for £770.
Ive always wanted to have a proper go with the Nex-7 and fondled it in camera shops when it was launched and when, from memory, the body alone was £1000 ish.
Its amazing in this consumer driven age just how quickly price of "old" technology drops.

I know the Nex-7 is quirky, different and a little odd but....................:)

Happy Days.

I Treated myself today. A brand new NEX7 with kit lens for £770.
Ive always wanted to have a proper go with the Nex-7 and fondled it in camera shops when it was launched and when, from memory, the body alone was £1000 ish.
Its amazing in this consumer driven age just how quickly price of "old" technology drops.

I know the Nex-7 is quirky, different and a little odd but....................:)

Happy Days.

And it takes just as fine of a picture as it ever has.....

Old??? I just bought a camera from 1969 -1973. And I don't think of it as old. And the 7 element 5 group 42mm G Zuiko is still a contender.

Of course the first date is when I graduated from high school, and the second is when I would have finished college if I hadn't taken an extra semester. Cameras made when I was born might be old (though I'm not!) but not those from 1969.

Old??? I just bought a camera from 1969 -1973. And I don't think of it as old. And the 7 element 5 group 42mm G Zuiko is still a contender.

Of course the first date is when I graduated from high school, and the second is when I would have finished college if I hadn't taken an extra semester. Cameras made when I was born might be old (though I'm not!) but not those from 1969.

Heh, here is my 2 latest purchases...

1129-2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Heh, here is my 2 latest purchases...

1129-2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Wow great looking cameras, How old are they? Do you still use them or are they part of a collection? (or both)

My first proper camera (OM1D) back in the early 1980s lasted me decades before it got part-exchanged for something digital. :redface:

Regards

You have probably bought it at a great time and not just because it has been discounted. Everyone who bought it because it was the next big thing has since moved on to (you guessed it) the next big thing, so you've missed all the "why I dumped the NEX-7 for the ...xxx... shenanigans. All that's left is to enjoy your new camera take some great photos with it. Enjoy!

I was tempted to get a NEX 7 recently myself (to replace my 5N). Prices have dropped recently and now you can get a 2nd hand NEX 7 for around £400 - £450 (body only). In the end I could not convince myself it was that much of an upgrade so instead elected to upgrade my E-PL5 for a Panasonic GX7. Maybe get a NEX 7 by year end if funds permit..

I have always wanted to pick up an Agfa 1280. It was my first digital camera back in, was it 1997? My we've come a long ways! At the time I thought the IQ coming from the Agfa was head and shoulders above what was coming from other consumer digital camera output I saw from friend's and work project cameras. I'd love to take a look and see if I am still of the same opinion.

Thanks for all the comments and the pictures of the great looking film cameras, they really are stunning looking pieces of kit.

I must keep an eye out during my frequent visits to boot sales and garage sales!

I wonder how long it will be before the early digital units are desireable/collectable?

Thanks again

I wonder how long it will be before the early digital units are desireable/collectable?
Some already are…
- Fuji F30/31fd
- Ricoh GRD1
- Olympus C5050/C8080
- Olympus E1
- Leica Digilux2/Panasonic LC-1
- Fuji X100 :laugh1:

….not wanting to give too many more of them away in case you elbow me out of the way at the next car boot sale ;)

Some already are…
- Fuji F30/31fd
- Ricoh GRD1
- Olympus C5050/C8080
- Olympus E1

….not wanting to give too many more of them away in case you elbow me out of the way at the next car boot sale ;)

OKayyy - I can feel a "list" "old" digital cameras to watch out for starting! :redface:

I have always wanted to pick up an Agfa 1280. It was my first digital camera back in, was it 1997? My we've come a long ways! At the time I thought the IQ coming from the Agfa was head and shoulders above what was coming from other consumer digital camera output I saw from friend's and work project cameras. I'd love to take a look and see if I am still of the same opinion.

i remember spending hours a day fretting over getting my oly c3030zoom or the similar spec offering from nikon and ricoh. i dont think i paid any attn to the image quality coming out of them. it was all about the way i thought itd feel in my hands, and make me feel while using them. i got the oly c3030z and loved it! it finally died tho... i need to find a smart media memory card reader and see whats on that card! lol

Some already are…
- Fuji F30/31fd
- Ricoh GRD1
- Olympus C5050/C8080
- Olympus E1

i STILL need to pick up an e1... WHY did i get talked into a d70 instead?! BAH... i hated that d70! and i kept going back to the store to hold the e1.. it just felt so perfect in my hand... the d70 was my first "but but but.. the SPECS!" mistake. lol

Back