Fuji 50mm converter on the way for the X100/S!

I'm not a fan of 50mm, but if they stretched it out to 90 I'd be back in a heartbeat. I'm guessing that is a bit much though. NHMB.

I had a 3rd party one for awhile. It made some dreamy bokeh, but was fairly soft......it was also phenomenally heavy. It really messed with the feel of the camera in hand. But hopefully this Fuji is just wonderful (and I expect it will be).

And why not just buying a XE-2 with prime lenses? Except for the hybrid VF it offers a few advantages over the X100s.

well if one already owns the X100, it is a small expense to buy a lens adapter. Enough people are happy most of the time with one focal length that the X100 (and S) have been successful. Why not offer an add-on lens to those who are happy with the 100 instead of trying to get them to buy a whole new system camera and a few lenses.

For a camera that starts out very simple, it's certainly easy to option it up. My X100 resides in a Think Tank Retrospective 5, which is not a tiny case; however, having added the 28 mm converter, the EFX-20 flash, a grip/L-plate adapter, a hood, spare batteries and a charger, you fill the space pretty thoroughly.

Having said that, I believe I can find room for the 50 mm converter, assuming it gets the same raves that the 28 mm received. ;-)

Maybe Fuji should invent some kind of Tri-Elmar style lens, and offer the X100 with this option..... perhaps a 28-40-85 - switchable to only those FL ie not a zoom. For those who like adding the over the top lenses, having them built in may be better with less fuss, at the expense of a bigger X100.

And why not just buying a XE-2 with prime lenses? Except for the hybrid VF it offers a few advantages over the X100s.

What Luke said. I own an X100 and will never let it go. So if this 50mm adaptor works really well (highly likely based on the 28mm one), and isn't too expensive (ditto - 28mm was about $300), then my choices as you present them are

$300 to have an amazing 35mm and 50mm

or

$1400 to have an XE-2 and 2 similarly good primes

...make sense?

Back