Stroll Dog Walking

Dewi Sant

Veteran
Name
Guess?
Spurred on by the theme of stroll photography, today I thought I'd take the little Oly PL5 out for an airing on a dog walk over our local fields to see what I could come up with. Not brilliant photos but it's a start and I had a nice afternoon just snaping away at stuff - and the dogs enjoiyed it too. All the photos were taken with the Pentax 50mm SMC lens.

P3170131_zps92b366c1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

P3170112_zpsf700c0bc.jpg

P3170126_zps011b2748.jpg

P3170148_zps5590523e.jpg

P3170122_zpsa51cbe28.jpg

P3170154_zps76a9e63d.jpg

P3170146_zpsb02c6cf3.jpg

P3170144_zps4468d435.jpg

P3170123_zps19c4deea.jpg

View attachment 87951

Looks to me as though you all had a great walk, Dewi! Although I like them all, my favorite is the blue tractor in the field photo.

I have to say that about 95% of my pix are taken while I'm walking with my dog.

And I never think to take the camera out with me on walks BB, but i enjoyed yesterday's camera stroll. It made me realise that I sometimes don't appreciate what a nice place we live in. It's a big housing estate but we don't have to walk very far to find fields, farmland and a nice wetland nature reserve. It was all countryside when we first moved her years ago but alas the developers have swallowed up a great deal of it now by building lots of houses nearby. Sad but nothng we can do, we're a tiny island rapidly running out of space. At least they left us some woodland and a stream.

I'll be taking the camera out more often I think from now on, I'll take my A/F lens next time and get some shots of the dogs - it was a difficult task yesterday using a manual lens. I've gotten lazy and rusty over the years. Or, maybe I'm just gettng old :)

As for manual focussing - that is a thing of the long ago past for me, Dewi. Honestly, I was never too fast on the draw, but after I graduated to "progressive lenses" it was auto focus all the way...and, honestly, even before that.

Looking forward to more dog walking pix from you and everyone else, if it's AOK that they add they're photos here?

Back