Eliot - testing a LR filter

Gubrz

O.* Gonzo's & Bentley's Dad
Name
Eliot
testing out a LR filter i made
any feed back on it?

warmed the highlights, cooled the shadows, brightened the whites and shadows, darkened the blacks, a touch of clarity
trying to get something i can like with just a click, instead of feeling the desperate urge to play with sliders for 30 mins on every photo i take! lol

actually, its 4 versions of the same filter. with varying levels of vignetting, and shadow brightening in case the orig photo is dark or bright

_4160193.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

_4160235.jpg

_4160264-Edit.jpg

_4160109.jpg

_5160198.jpg

_DSF0038.jpg

_DSF6402.jpg

_DSF6443.jpg

_DSF6449.jpg

_DSF6461.jpg

DSC04481.jpg

In general I like them. There's a couple that seem almost like a cross-process and seem a bit over-the-top (not that there's anything inherently wrong with that ;)). The ones that seem a bit more dialed back still have a bit of a "film" look to them (sorry I'm not clever enough about the various emulsions [and that may not even be the right term here] to tell you which one they look like) and I think they fit the photos well.

oh i dont know anything about what the films look like... other than provia astia and velvia from my x100 settings, LOL!

It reacts differently to different light. There are a couple of shots in there where the blues look a bit like Ektachrome slide film but another couple that look like anything but. And where the colors are muted, they're REALLY muted. Is that third shot actually a color image? It looks like there's a hint of color in a few places, but it could almost be a monochrome image with a touch of sepia...

-Ray

That one was a b&w shot that I then applied the filter to

I had to make four versions of it because dark shots would be TOO dark, and light shots ended up feeling TOO light. I think it's a magic filter. I just can't decide if it's using it's powers for good or evil, yet...

Luke! Ektachrome... Remember that ! ;D we'll sound smart, yet!!!

Eliot@iPad

Back