I have given a name to my pain...

Lightmancer

Legend
Name
Bill Palmer
...City Link

Simply the most incompetent couriers on the face of the planet. It transpires, much to my astonishment and dismay, that they are the courier of choice for Fuji UK. Thus my refurb. X-Pro1 was entrusted to them on the 9th. They claim to have "attempted delivery" twice since then - both at times when I have been here - I am fortunate to work from home. The only reason I know this is because I 'phoned Fuji this afternoon to see what was happening. In spite of what it says on the City Link website, no card has been put through my door, no doorbell has been rung, no knocker knocked - no attempt made.

It absolutely infuriates me. If I ever order from Fuji UK again I will stipulate, as a condition of purchase, that I will NOT accept City Link as a courier.

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....! :mad:

you obviously have not had the "pleasure" of UKMail yet ... then that vein in your forehead will just pop pop pop ...

That happened to me once and I got so worked up, I nearly forgot to double check to make sure they had the correct address.

They had in fact attempted delivery twice (and left notice) to a house 2 blocks down. Not sure how the numbers got twisted around, but it's worth a check.

I have same story from City Link a few years ago - delivering Velux Blinds - reordered & delivered via royal mail then 6weeks later received delivery from City Link

A confused bunch

I know how you feel - it's 35 degrees here and I've been out (unsuccessfully) after Dragonflies - just got bitten by a load of bugs in the grass

Did get the odd "bird on a wire" though

I believe that you have been able to take your (neck) ties off in the UK - the weather has been that good

swallow_2014.jpg

swallow_2014_2.jpg

Oh YukMail are as bad. They sat on a parcel for no apparent reason for a week. I raised a query, it was delivered the following day - no explanation, no apology - to my next door neighbour.

The irony is that I do Customer Experience for a living. I am in fact delivering a keynote speech on the subject the week after next, at a conference. Organisations - reputable, sensible enterprises - entrust their deliveries to the fffffff... idiots in vans who then tarnish their brand with their rank incompetence.

I like best the the thing that UKMail do so well:

Unable to find the address, they don't ring you on the number they have, they simply return the packet to the depot, and (eventually) update the delivery status on their tracking system.

When you notice nothing's turned up, you check the T&T only to find it's sat somewhere in another part of the country, and they have a chargeable telephone number to call them about it.

Then when you ring up to chase it, the phone is answered but you have to wait until the call centre operator finishes their gossip with the other ops (in your full hearing) before they deign to speak to you.

When the parcel is finally delivered, the driver (with nonchalant familiarity) says "Yeah mate sorry bout that I sort of ran out of time" ...

Oh YukMail are as bad. They sat on a parcel for no apparent reason for a week. I raised a query, it was delivered the following day - no explanation, no apology - to my next door neighbour.

The irony is that I do Customer Experience for a living. I am in fact delivering a keynote speech on the subject the week after next, at a conference. Organisations - reputable, sensible enterprises - entrust their deliveries to the fffffff... idiots in vans who then tarnish their brand with their rank incompetence.

Customer service is down to the lowest common denominator

We used to do "audits" of the customer interface - you would be surprised how many companies put temps on reception - typical would be

You call in - answer - "Hello" whose that - (I,m exaggerating of course - but you know what I mean)

Could I speak to Mr Jones - Answer - I'm new here and I haven't heard of him, who is he, I'll ask someone

He is your Managing Director

You get the drift - one of the most important positions for some companies is how the telephone is answered and how customers are greeted - but lots of UK companies are prepared to put poorly paid and poorly trained staff in this position

I noticed a few weeks ago when we came back to the UK - we ordered some stuff - delivered by Courier - bang on the door - when I got there the guy had gone and the parcel was on the mat.

Different here in France - you have to sign and counter sign, prove who you are (unless the post women knows you) for everything - different but almost as bad - a lot of letters are sent registered - a Euro 5 minimum rip off for the PTT

Same thing here-- twice -- FedX both times. Also the company that left a box on my wood pile in the rain.

Didn't they once claim to be the best??

On the other hand, the much maligned USPS has been doing a good job for me for years.

Well... I have back experience with DHL many years ago when I am studying in Australia. My dad sent me my computer from Singapore through DHL... it took them almost one months plus to reach me, and by the time it reached me... I got the computer that refuses to switch on. In the end... I ended up getting a new computer in Australia (which is frigging expensive... especially for a student with no source of income yet.)

Thankfully my experiences with parcel/mail delivery via the US Postal Service and our other private carriers has been very good. However, I could regale you with the kitchen countertop story that continues....:026: but I'll spare you.

I sell high end cameras and lenses on Ebay and ship from the US via either Global Priority or Express Mail International. There are a growing number of countries that I won't ship to due to problems with delivery after the stuff gets into the local customs departments.
Spain has been the worst and the UK is righ behind them.

So here is today's update. CityLink "attempted delivery" at 3:30 today. That makes the third attempt. This in spite of the fact that they were told, very clearly, that there would be nobody home after Noon. "There was no one to receive the goods at the delivery point so a card was left." - Don't make me laugh - I haven't had a single card... An extremely helpful man at Fuji UK by the name of Dale has taken pity on me. He has posted me another body. Recorded Delivery, Royal Mail - arriving tomorrow before 13:00. That will however make eight days since I ordered the camera - five days during which it has been with CityLink, out on their van three times in the heat...

I should point out that I have no problem with Royal Mail. It gets here. My home is not hard to find. The doorbell is easy to spot, and is loud and clear. You can hear a knock. EVERY courier is cr@p. Bar none. "The final mile" is vital in customer service, and CityLink is damaging the Fuji brand and reputation by extension. I shall be writing to the UK MD to praise Dale - and suggest that they stop using Sh1ttyStink...

That happened to me once and I got so worked up, I nearly forgot to double check to make sure they had the correct address.

They had in fact attempted delivery twice (and left notice) to a house 2 blocks down. Not sure how the numbers got twisted around, but it's worth a check.

for about 2 weeks, i was getting all the packages for a house 5 houses down around the corner... and they were getting all of mine.... it was so obnoxious

Well... It is, but...

The second camera arrived today, via Royal Mail. All good, except for one tiny detail... No battery... I have a spare, of course, but it should have come with one. I shall give the nice Fuji people a ring on Monday. Ho hum... :rolleyes:

The more aetherially inclined among us, Bill, might suggest that the Universe is sending you A Message about this camera ...

Back