Sony Most Suitable Canon EF Adapter & Flash for Sony A7

Hello folks!

Enroute to moving from Canon 5D MkII to Sony A7. Never used a Sony camera ever before, so need advice/help please!

1. Flash: Looking for a very compact light weight flash to use with the A7, primarily as fill light for close up/macro work outdoors. (Something like the Canon EX90.) Will the Sony HVL-F7S Shoe Mount Flash be suitable with maybe a hot shoe adapter? (Subject ofcourse to availability of such an adapter!) Or maybe there is a third party flash light?

2. Lens Adapter - Canon EF to A7: Which will prove the best option - Metabones, or TechArt or R.J.'s ? I plan to use: Canon 300mm f4 IS (pre 2006), Canon 70-200 f4 IS, Canon EF 20-35mm f3.5, Canon 28mm f2.8 IS, Sigma 150mm f2.8 macro OS. For info: Metabones says pre 2006 lenses may not work, due to different electronics.; TechArt & RJ's say no problem, they'all work but with slow AF; King seller says only the 300mm f4 IS & Canon 70-200 f4 IS will work properly.

Which will be the best adapter for these lenses? Can I have inputs from those of you who have actual hands-on experience please? I also have in mind to buy a Canon FD and a Pentax K mount adapter.

Thank you very much! All the best!

Back