1. All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Serious Compacts and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.seriouscompacts.com/help/terms

COMPLETED $299 Canon EOS-M: body + 22mm lens | Location: USA | Ships: USA

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by wt21, Jul 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wt21

wt21 SC Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Aug 15, 2010
    Buy & Sell Listing - Want to Sell
    Selling</br> Canon EOS-M: body + 22mm lens
    </br>Prices</br> $299
    </br>Location</br> USA
    </br>Ships to</br> USA
    </br>Description</br> Well, I tried the M. It's a very nice camera (see my mini-review below), but I don't think it's for me. I just can't seem to get along with the 35mm eq FOV (having tried the X100, the Olympus 17/1.8 and even a Canon 35L). I guess I'm a 28 and 50 shooter. I also like my 45mm macro too much, to switch off m43.

I can ship it back to Amazon, but I think the $299 special is over (or at least the 22mm lenses are hard to find), so I thought I'd see if anyone here wants it. My price is firm, unless you are local to Metrowest Boston, in which case I'd do $275 in person. It's brand new, so I'm not going to take the time to take pics.

My mini review:
    Pros:
    • Great build quality
    • Super quiet. Much quieter than m43. Lens is silent when focusing (unlike the buzzy P20), and shutter sound is very understated (quieter than my EPM2 or OMD)
    • LCD -- resolution, color, contrast. Gorgeous
    • Natural to use the LCD for controls
    • Though minimal, the grip is comfortable and effective
    • THE LENS! Oh my, this lens! It is sharp, focuses macro-close, is fast (f/2) and has gorgeous bokeh. I hope Canon does this same approach on a 28 or 50 eq! It is better than the Panasonic 20mm 1.7, IMO
    • $300 (less than the Panasonic 20mm itself, 1/2 the price of a used X100) for a great 35mm pocket cam!

Cons:
    • Large focus box
    • Slower focus (it's like EP1 + Panasonic 20mm slow. Or X100 slow)
    • Slowish shot to shot speed
    • Fewer buttons than other cameras

Basically, it's not a fast camera, but gives fantastic IQ. If you want a pocket 35, want it on the cheap, and don't rush your shots, this might be a good camera for you.

I'm leaving for a business trip Monday, so if it doesn't sell over the weekend, I'll just return it to Amazon.
    </br>Payment accepted</br>
    • Regular PayPal (fee included in price)
    Shipping method</br> USPS priority insured
    </br>Shipping charge</br> included
    </br>Handling time</br> a couple of days usually
    </br>References</br> here, mu, fm, etc.
    </br>Additional comments</br>
    • Will ship only to the address on the PayPal transaction details page
    • Buyer must have a PayPal confirmed address
    Acknowledgement</br>
    • I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.