Ricoh Wet ricoh gr

Status
Not open for further replies.

CognitiveBias1

Got my GR wet, yes, bad move on my part. Got hazy photos for a day but they stopped after GR spent the night in rice bag. It's ok now but should I return it? Any chance I damaged something or left residue on sensor?

Thanks!

Thanks for the morality lesson but...that's why I bought insurance that includes coverage for bad moves. Didn't think this place was going to be so judgmental.

Anyone less than perfect here that can offer advice to a fellow lesser mortal?

Well, one person appears to have been judgmental, but that's no reason to tar "the place" in the same way.

Equally, it is rather easy from the phrase "should I return it?" to place the inference that you might be intending to return it under warranty for a fault you caused.

As we haven't got much information about how it got wet, how wet it got, in what sort of water, whether it is new or second hand and so on and so forth, it's difficult to offer much advice.

For what it is worth, I got a digital camera wet and it was a write-off.

Yours may work now but may also have sustained longer term damage which causes a failure down the line.

Really, it is your camera, you need to decide what to do. If you have enough money to replace it should it fail in the future, fine. Otherwise, claim on your insurance and replace it now.

You posted about this on dpreview days ago and got plenty of advice; most of it in the vein of "if it's fine, stop worrying about it and go shoot". What more did you expect here?

- Wear (use) that camera like a badge of honour.
- These aren't meant to last forever, so use it and when it fails permanently, move on.
- The GR is dropping in price, if you want one like-new, by the time this one dies, you can probably get one at a reasonable cost.
- You could send it in to be cleaned for a small fee and piece of mind. (if the fee is not small, decline and have them ship it back as-is, then see points 1/2).

The fact that you are asking (in more than one place) tells me that sending it in for service is not as simple as you make it appear, otherwise you would just do it and be happy with a new camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back