More Big Camera

goodness almost semi professional.

Yes, I bought a combination try-square to help with this one :D

ReD said:
judging by the bw image looks like somebody got their calculations right

In all truth I up-buggered the exposure calculation so it's been rescued in LR, but there wasn't much calculation involved in the actual construction, as I just started with the film holder and worked around that; plus of course I've built a couple similar before so I knew more or less what needed to be done. It would have been better if I had done some sums, or at least done a few properly, as half way through I had to cut 5mm off the rear box when it was already assembled and glued.

You are the master of "few words" :) Is this something of a Heath Robinson perhaps?

No this really works, and with the right film and right subject it will produce images of quite astounding acuity and tonal range, far beyond the reach of digital sensors - except perhaps for the largest most expensive MF digital backs that Bob (Landshark) uses professionally.

Ha! ... now, if you want an example of the absurdity and irrelevance of making "Explore" on Flickr, you may be interested to know that this picture has entered Explore at #362 today

14440473938_c7fe7c779f_t.jpg

Back