Climbing trees 'aint just for boys (NEX-6 and 20mm SEL)

NEX-6 and 20mm SEL

Show 'em how it's done.

DSC02336.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC02318.JPG

DSC02339.JPG

Not to be out done by a boy.

DSC02333.JPG

DSC02343.JPG

I loved climbing trees as a kid. I remember the first time I made to the top of a 25 or 30 foot maple tree. And there was a perfect "seat" at the top and I could just barely peek my head out above the crown of leaves. The view was amazing. I felt like the king of the world. Good think I didn't slip. It's a miracle more kids don't die falling out of trees now that I think about it.

great to see kids of today (wow I feel old saying that! :eek: ) still playing outside and climbing trees! I spent many of my happiest childhood moments pretending I was a monkey :tongue:

I loved climbing trees as a kid. I remember the first time I made to the top of a 25 or 30 foot maple tree. And there was a perfect "seat" at the top and I could just barely peek my head out above the crown of leaves. The view was amazing. I felt like the king of the world. Good think I didn't slip. It's a miracle more kids don't die falling out of trees now that I think about it.

great to see kids of today (wow I feel old saying that! :eek: ) still playing outside and climbing trees! I spent many of my happiest childhood moments pretending I was a monkey :tongue:

Here in the Southwest we don't have a lot of native trees that are good for climbing, (climbing a cactus is not enjoyable!).

I do remember a neighbor that had an old oak that we would climb into, boy it was fun.

Back