Some city scenery from Atlanta

And a few images of the same thing...just in different ways. Not sure which I like best. These of the "Skyview Atlanta" wheel.

PA252427.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

PA252441.JPG

PA252449.JPG

All were taken with the E-PL5. Some with the Panasonic 20mm and some with the Panasonic 12-32mm Pancake kit lens. While the Panasonic kit lens was designed for the GM1, it worked perfectly on the E-PL5. I did find a few missed shots, but most were sharp and clean. 12mm even at f3.5 seemed acceptably sharp to the corners. Fantastic little lens, even on the Olympus body. Maybe Olympus will incorporate manual focusing for it one day, but in my 3 days, I only wish I had it once.

My niece has lived there for years, but I've never been (other than the airport). Nice to see some of what it looks like - thanks for sharing these. As a planner I've always heard it's not a very pedestrian friendly city, but someday I'd like to see it for myself...

-Ray

My niece has lived there for years, but I've never been (other than the airport). Nice to see some of what it looks like - thanks for sharing these. As a planner I've always heard it's not a very pedestrian friendly city, but someday I'd like to see it for myself...

-Ray

You can tell that most of it was laid down after cars became common. Downtown is ok in places, and there are amazing little pockets. It's nowhere near as dire as, like, Dallas or something, but yeah coming from New England, it is HUGE, and full of 8-lane roads.

Cool. More. I grew up in the burbs there, but I don't get back all that often.

My other half and I usually make a weekend trip once a year. Its about 4 hours away. I really like Atlanta, always something to do. We love the Aquarium and Botanical Gardens. Last time we really had visited was in 2012, and since then they added the big wheel. They were putting it together when we were there back in 2012.

-Ray

Ray,

Lots of Jay walking...Lots of honked horns, and lots of lost tourists. In many ways I've found downtown Nashville to be more pedestrian friendly. I however have never been to NYC.

We walked 5 blocks from our hotel to a bar we ate at. This was at 7pm on a Saturday. While there were lots of pedestrians around the parks, very few were actually walking up and down the streets. Many down parks close at night and even centennial park closes at 11pm, which we found disappointing. We were near centennial park, and in downtown proper some of the streets are rather steep we found. Got to be in shape I guess.

One quick last note.

The last picture in the second post was inspired by my girlfried. October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, and explains much of the lighted pink in the buildings and in the ferris wheel. The ACA is located in Atlanta.

Back