Fuji X10 Pictures

sixtygp

Rookie
Name
Matt
I have not visited too much lately. I bought a Fuji X10 a while ago as my handy point and shoot. great little camera.

DSCF1994.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSCF1446.jpg

DSCF1456.jpg

DSCF1448.jpg

DSCF1447.jpg

Matt

yeah i miss this little gem. some lovely shots here. i foolishly sold it to fund an x20. then pretty quickly sold the x20 as the xtrans sensor was quite displeasing to my eye. the original fuji sensor in x10 and x100 are to me just awesome.

Every time I visit this thread, and lots of times in between, I regret getting rid of my X10. I'm enjoying my Stylus 1, for its sheer versatility for one thing, but those X10 files are special. I'll get another eventually.

Thanks for the kind feedback Steve and Kevin!

Every time I visit this thread, and lots of times in between, I regret getting rid of my X10. I'm enjoying my Stylus 1, for its sheer versatility for one thing, but those X10 files are special. I'll get another eventually.

I guess special says it, Larry. I still use mine an awful lot for casual shots of people like this one, even in bad light. Lightroom does a pretty decent job on the RAWs, even L sized @12MP (well, sort of), but the jpgs ain't that bad either. I said it before but if that thing should fall apart some day I'll just get another one :LOL:. BTW, I've bought an X20 a while ago, did some shootouts and clearly preferred the files from the X10, especially the jpgs.

DSCF6002-LR-1k6.jpg

(from 12MP RAW via LR)

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind feedback Steve and Kevin!

I guess special says it, Larry. I still use mine an awful lot for casual shots of people like this one, even in bad light. Lightroom does a pretty decent job on the RAWs, even L sized @12MP (well, sort of), but the jpgs ain't that bad either. I said it before but if that thing should fall apart some day I'll just get another one :LOL:. BTW, I've bought an X20 a while ago, did some shootouts and clearly preferred the files from the X10, especially the jpgs.

View attachment 26810

(from 12MP RAW via LR)
Yes, the X20 jpegs are -- well -- awful. It has a slight advantage in raw, but the X10 is a jpeg shooters dream. I'd buy either, but will probably get the X10 because the jpeg advance modes -- like low light - work so well.

Yes, the X20 jpegs are -- well -- awful. It has a slight advantage in raw, but the X10 is a jpeg shooters dream. I'd buy either, but will probably get the X10 because the jpeg advance modes -- like low light - work so well.
I certainly like the color of the X10 jpgs (Provia) a lot better than those from my X-Pro1. Resolution wise there's not much to gain by shooting RAW with the X10 but I like to play with those 12 bits in post. What I do miss from the X20 is the somewhat more reliable AF system and of course the extra info in the OVF but back then that wasn't enough to keep it. Maybe I'll try another X20 at some point but I just bought an E-M5 and that thing will keep me busy for a while.

I certainly like the color of the X10 jpgs (Provia) a lot better than those from my X-Pro1. Resolution wise there's not much to gain by shooting RAW with the X10 but I like to play with those 12 bits in post. What I do miss from the X20 is the somewhat more reliable AF system and of course the extra info in the OVF but back then that wasn't enough to keep it. Maybe I'll try another X20 at some point but I just bought an E-M5 and that thing will keep me busy for a while.

I have an E-M10 as well as the X10 and I set the Olympus up to shoot JPEGs similarly to the X10 (just to see what that was like) and while the results are quite good and the P20 lens is contrasty and super sharp I find that in many situations I actually prefer the images from the X10. Of course there are a lot of advantages to the E-M10 (or any mirrorless camera) but in BW JPEGs the X10 holds its own pretty well.

I have an E-M10 as well as the X10 and I set the Olympus up to shoot JPEGs similarly to the X10 (just to see what that was like) and while the results are quite good and the P20 lens is contrasty and super sharp I find that in many situations I actually prefer the images from the X10. Of course there are a lot of advantages to the E-M10 (or any mirrorless camera) but in BW JPEGs the X10 holds its own pretty well.
I mainly shoot RAW but even if I take the larger Fuji or the NEX and some fine glass out for a walk, the X10 is always there and I often spontaneously grab it for candid shots because of its 'special' files. No regrets so far.

Back