Birds Through a dirty window

tonyturley

Legend
Name
Tony
Playing with my OM-D E-M5 with a Minolta MD Tele Rokkor-X 135mm f/3.5. Nice, compact lens that makes a lightweight combo with the E-M5. It was gray and overcast, and I was shooting moving things through a dirty dual-pane window, so I'm reasonably pleased with the results. No way I could have been outside and be as close as I was to the birds.

Tony

_B271387_zpsdc488633.jpg

_B271389_zpsdd85c313.jpg

_B271391_zpsc30cc047.jpg

_B271399_zpsdddc6a35.jpg

_B271401_zps2908d887.jpg

_B271403_zps43387f68.jpg

_B271404_zpsf35be1c2.jpg

_B271407_zpse2476856.jpg

_B271409_zpsa78f3faf.jpg

OK. It's time to clean the window. It's too good a opportunity for bird watching/photography. Great vantage point.

I wonder if a filter of some kind, might help cut the haze, that long lenses have a tendency to magnify.

bird movement, low shutter speeds are your enemies plus camera shake with a long lens

Don't know much about the EM-5, but you need to nail the (spot) focus on the birds head/eye

tripods are invaluable when shooting birds

just hopefully helpful points, not criticisms in any way

Well look at the bright side...
At least it's not a "selfie" in front of a dirty bathroom mirror! ;) :D
LOL!
Your feeding station looks popular - good effort in the circumstances.
Thanks.
OK. It's time to clean the window. It's too good a opportunity for bird watching/photography. Great vantage point.

I wonder if a filter of some kind, might help cut the haze, that long lenses have a tendency to magnify.
Yep, cleaned them yesterday. I missed a great shot this morning because I forgot to put the card back in the camera. :(
bird movement, low shutter speeds are your enemies plus camera shake with a long lens

Don't know much about the EM-5, but you need to nail the (spot) focus on the birds head/eye

tripods are invaluable when shooting birds

just hopefully helpful points, not criticisms in any way
I've never had much success using a tripod with birds. I did get a monopod to use at this spot; just didn't think of pulling it out. The E-M5 has IS, but these birds were constantly moving.

Thanks for all the replies.

Tony

Back