Nous Sommes Charlie

NickLarsson

Veteran
Hi,

Just wanted to share some moments of the spontaneous gathering that happened in Paris to show support to the newspaper and to the families of the victims of what happened today.
My thoughts are with them.

16040566319_13f3601339_b.jpg

Nous Sommes Charlie by nzkphotography, on Flickr

15604271814_b408b86aca_b.jpg

16200776786_00116ce84e_b.jpg

16225872662_cfcd0cb5a2_b.jpg

16040565179_b63a68cdeb_b.jpg

16226664405_0df2f3c030_b.jpg

the local town is having a silent vigil tonight ....... the town is full

The French police, especially the CRS, will not forget ...... they are not tolerant or forgiving in any way

Thanks for this Nick. I wish I could be there to add my support to your community. But please know the civilized world is with you. When satirists (equal opportunity satirists too - not limited to Islam by any means...) are killed for doing what they do, the rest of us need to stand up to this terror. Just a terrible event. Sad for sure, particularly for the victims and their loved ones, but more than that - really horrific and inspires anger and defiance more than mere sadness...

Thanks for documenting this so beautifully,

-Ray

Without getting directly into politics and religion (which is banned from this site anyway), it occurs to me that Islam has been co-opted by a fanatical diaspora and that what we're really dealing with is facism. The tactics of the Nazis in the early 1930's were remarkably similar. Paris was an attack on free speech as well as murder. It's time for the world to understand that and respond accordingly.

I'll be going through French airport security in Bordeaux and Paris on Monday so I am sure that it will be tougher than usual as this is needed now more than ever to protect our democracy.

The French people are shocked and confused by this act and please remember that the policeman who they shot and then went back to shoot again to kill him as he pleaded for his life was a Muslim.

The name of religion is again being used to create civil war in individual countries and bigger regional wars as evil minorities try to take the world back to the "dark ages".

This is not a matter of politics or religion it is a matter of basic human values within our civilised society ………

Luke is absolutely right; this thread must remain focussed upon it's original intent, avoiding discussion of politics and religion; this is not the place for that.

Let us simply and fervently hope - and, in as much as we can, in our own ways and lives, work towards - a peaceful and equitable solution to these issues.

Thank you Nick for sharing these. For anyone that creates something and puts it out into the world, whether with a pen or a camera, it is comforting to know that many support the freedom to do so.

Back