Leonard Nimoy Passes

A few of my favorite snippets by Spock:

"Frankly I was rather dismayed by your use of the term 'half-breed'." - TOS, Dr. Corby.
(Examining filmstrip) - "Poor photography" - TOS, Assignment Earth.
"Doctor, I'm due for another injection of stochaline." - TOS, By Any Other Name.
"My operatives would avenge my death, and some of them are Vulcans." - TOS, Mirror, Mirror.
(To Dr. McCoy) - "He's probably terrified of your beads and rattles." - TOS, I ,Mudd.
"That's exactly why I hate you, because you're identical." - TOS, I, Mudd.
"Logic is a little birdie chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell bad." - TOS, I, Mudd.
"I would advise youse to keep dialing, Oxmyx." - TOS, Piece of the Action.
"I am attempting to build a mnemonic memory circuit using stone knives and bearskins." - TOS, All our Yesterdays.
"Fortunately I am immune to its effect." - TOS, Trouble with Tribbles.

"What does it mean, exact change?" - Star Trek IV.
"How will playing cards help?" - Star Trek IV.
"There's an old Vulcan proverb - only Nixon could go to China." - Star Trek VI.
"Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end." - Star Trek VI.

Last edited by a moderator:
He created and a great character and it got to evolve over time. He and Kirk were two sides of the human character and you could learn a lot from thinking about their interaction. As an 8-10 yr old during the original series, this was a memorable part of my childhood. BTW, I still think the line "There's an old Vulcan proverb - only Nixon could go to China." is one of the funniest.

The world seems a bit more empty without Leonard Nimoy. Many of us were inspired to go into Science and Engineering because of the character that he portrayed on Star Trek.

He of course played more rolls, was in the original "I, Robot" episode in the Outer Limits and then reprised it 30 years later with his son directing the episode.

And who could forget him smiling as Paris in Mission Impossible. Took a few episodes to get used to!

Back