Pentax 645D for $4K

Steve, please do not test me. I have car payments to make. My wife will leave me. I don't even have any lenses.

*considers adding to cart, then walks off camera*

(sounds of ice cubes clinking into hi-ball glass)

*walks back on camera with cocktail and closes screen on laptop*

Not today, not today.

*shakes head dejectedly and pulls out Buddy Holly 45 and plays "Crying, Waiting & Hoping"*

Maybe 22-36, hand holdable....but not walkaround like with YOUR kind of walks, T.

ah, shame! :) Would probably need a gym membership too, in order to carry this one around... though I don't think I could afford both :D
Would be a fun tool though... amazing how these have come down in price...
Ah well, back to m43 for me :)

ah, shame! :) Would probably need a gym membership too, in order to carry this one around... though I don't think I could afford both :D
Would be a fun tool though... amazing how these have come down in price...
Ah well, back to m43 for me :)

you sir, are fine with m43. Hell, I've seen you work magic with that goofy little sensor in the Pentax MX1.

No, this one is for the rest of us. The ones that are not great shooters, but think we can buy enough pixels to piece together one shot worthy of printing at 24 x 36.

Mr. Paulin, you can just move along and leave these 6 pound cameras for the "camera forum enthusiasts with more dollars than sense". :coffee-79:

:blush: haha, you're flattering me, Luke. Thanks for that! :) I'm not totally immune to the siren song of technology though... I did eventually not keep the Oly 12-40mm but bought another camera instead (a $75.00 Olympus E-1). Already have the right walkaround-lens for that one :)

Just an observation, if you were after a high-res landscape camera, this now puts the the 645Z (40mp) at almost exactly the same price-point as the Sony A7RII (42mp). Well, given the Aus price for the Sony anyway :)

The difference between FF and MF obviously isn't just resolution, but I honestly don't know which I'd go...

Just an observation, if you were after a high-res landscape camera, this now puts the the 645Z (40mp) at almost exactly the same price-point as the Sony A7RII (42mp). Well, given the Aus price for the Sony anyway :)

The difference between FF and MF obviously isn't just resolution, but I honestly don't know which I'd go...

I could check, but I won't, so I'll just wonder. I wonder which system has more native AF lenses?