Sky colors

pniev

Student for life
Yesterday evening we had a lot of rain and thunderstorms. Although it was still raining, the sky started to clear at the right time. So I went outside (yes, camera and me were soaked) and made a few shots in the park that is close to my house.

The last time I went out after rain, colors were not that spectacular yet (see "seeking advice...") but despite the rain, I had thoroughly enjoyed it.

All shot with D750 and 20mm. 2 stops under-exposure. Postprocessing: camera vivid, tone curve, light noise reduction.

p1426479791-5.jpg

p1426480287-5.jpg

p1426480069-6.jpg

p1426480161-5.jpg

Last edited:
I'm far from an expert, but there seems to be a harsh transition in the sky in that first one. But I LOVE the composition and mood in it. Maybe someone with a little more experience could hazard a guess at what was done in post that brought that about.

It's a minor nit and usually I'd keep my mouth shut. I just love that shot so much, I'd love to see an even "better" version of it. (or maybe this is your vision, and mine is just different)

I'm far from an expert, but there seems to be a harsh transition in the sky in that first one. But I LOVE the composition and mood in it. Maybe someone with a little more experience could hazard a guess at what was done in post that brought that about.

It's a minor nit and usually I'd keep my mouth shut. I just love that shot so much, I'd love to see an even "better" version of it. (or maybe this is your vision, and mine is just different)

Great eye. I uploaded the wrong one. I used a VSCO preset (Fuji Superia) for that one + whites/highlight downs + stronger tone curve. Another reason might be that I work in adobeRGB as my monitor has a wider color range.

OK. enough excuses. This was the one I intended to upload.

p1426812011-5.jpg

Back