WINNER ANNOUNCED - The 17th Photographers Lounge Salon Challenge: A Dream

pictogramax

All-Pro
A big thanks to Luke for appointing me as a captain of this new journey.

This time a propose a DREAM, in any way you see fit to interpret the word and it's many meanings. Maybe it has been done long time ago, but I checked and it wasn't the case recently.

So, from hazy nostalgic to punchy sportive or whatever else it speaks to you, I'm looking forward to your interpretations.

I will close the challenge on Friday 25th of September somewhere around midnight. As we are scattered across many time zones, don't worry about it - if you really wish to participate and make the effort, I'll accept it :)

Good luck to all and let's have some dreamy fun!

image.jpg
do androids dream in B&W

Dreams

Just for interest – I’ve done plenty of dream themed images using various post production techniques in the past few years but when I bought the Cosina C1 recently the guy bundled in a couple of filters with the deal. One of them was a Cokin Closeup +3 so I played with it here – . I don’t have a lens mount for the filter so re-photographed an image from last night off the monitor with the X10 and hand held the filter trying a few tilted filter shots

This theme made me remember back to May of 2007 when the sensor of my Sony 707 started to go bad. They had a program of free replacement that ended in September. I kept shooting with the sensor, but it kept deteriorating until there was little usable information,and finally had it replaced at the last minute. I usually used it in night shot mode which gave an infrared effect. I wish I could still use this effect, especially for dreams.

Last edited:
20874563233_022f7103b1_h.jpg
I have a dream
by bartjeej, on Flickr

When i saw the theme of this challenge, I immediately thought of this kid I saw at the fishing port of Nouakchott, Mauritania's capital. As all the adults were busy bringing in the day's catch, he was immersed in his own world, trying to sail away on his foam pad raft. I found it extra striking in light of the many Africans trying to sail to Europe in rickety boats, chasing their own dreams about safety and / or prosperity.

Last edited:
Back