Nikon Showcase Quick test with commander mode and SB900 and SB200

pniev

Student for life
As I will increasingly do watch- and product photography, I purchased a SB900 flash and the R1C1 macro flash kit. Today was the first time I could spend half an hour or so testing everything. I must say that it is so easy to use the Nikons in commander mode. So convenient compared to the manual setup I was used to. Today was just a basic setup. So nothing fancy yet. I definitely need to experiment further!
Please pardon me the clumsy composition and watch positioning. This was just a quick test. Herewith some results. The last photo was w/o flash.

My biggest issue is that I probably need to shoot with a tripod to be able to use focus stacking. However, I like to be able to move the camera freely. So for now, only a part of the watch is sharp, even at f16:

p1733083491-5.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

p1716148335-5.jpg

p1728013063-5.jpg

As I will increasingly do watch- and product photography, I purchased a SB900 flash and the R1C1 macro flash kit. Today was the first time I could spend half an hour or so testing everything. I must say that it is so easy to use the Nikons in commander mode. So convenient compared to the manual setup I was used to. Today was just a basic setup. So nothing fancy yet. I definitely need to experiment further!
Please pardon me the clumsy composition and watch positioning. This was just a quick test. Herewith some results. The last photo was w/o flash.

My biggest issue is that I probably need to shoot with a tripod to be able to use focus stacking. However, I like to be able to move the camera freely. So for now, only a part of the watch is sharp, even at f16:

p1733083491-5.jpg

p1716148335-5.jpg

p1728013063-5.jpg
No. 1 is perfect - shows off the face perfectly.

Back