Canon Canon Forums

Can anyone recommend a useful Canon forum for a beginner? There are so many Canon forums, it's hard to know where to start. I'm looking for a forum that helpfully covers the basic stuff along the lines of 6D cameras, plastic fantastic lenses, that sort of thing, and where Canon v Nikon wars and disrespect of other brands and formats are kept low on the subject list. Alright, that last criteria may be a tad unrealistic but you get my drift and I've been on this forum long enough to trust the views of those here. So advice would be welcome.

Can anyone recommend a useful Canon forum for a beginner? There are so many Canon forums, it's hard to know where to start. I'm looking for a forum that helpfully covers the basic stuff along the lines of 6D cameras, plastic fantastic lenses, that sort of thing, and where Canon v Nikon wars and disrespect of other brands and formats are kept low on the subject list. Alright, that last criteria may be a tad unrealistic but you get my drift and I've been on this forum long enough to trust the views of those here. So advice would be welcome.

CameraLabs is one I remember.

Photography-on-the.net Digital Photography Forums used to be a Canon-specific forum but some time ago they added a bunch of extra sub-forums for various other brands of camera. I think they were added because a lot of 5D owners kept moaning about (a lack of) dynamic range and were buying Nikon or Sony camera systems in additon to to their Canons. I haven't participated there for well over a year so I don't know what the current atmosphere is. I remember it being fairly well natured despite having a relatively high volume of traffic.

Last edited:
Back