Micro 4/3 Back in the game with a GF5

P.H

Regular
My lovely GX1 has developed several faults after too many trips rattling around in a cycle bag, still usable but not ideal.
I dithered with the idea of replacing it with something more compact like the LX100, but in the end I like the change of mindset a change of lens can produce. Now I've just pressed the buy button on a GF5 with only 450 shots on the counter from a reliable eBay seller and I'll see how this works out. I may stick the 14mm lens on it for a while and not carry any others, ideally I'd like the 12 - 32 as a carry round, though it'll have to wait till to see how I get on with it. For the sort of photos I have in mind (Bike ride, see something, stop, take photo without getting off bike, ride off again without delaying group too much) I may try leaving it on IA, I'm not sure I get better results in the time frame anyway.
If this works out I may break my one camera rule and add a GX85 for more serious camera days, having two may mean I get to take better care of the good one!
So, just thought I'd share, partly as a way of ordering my thoughts, also always willing to listen to opinion and advice.
Thanks

Back