Fuji It's an exciting day in Fuji X world!

I agree that it's a very enticing product, but the price really is rather high, in my opinion... there're some excellent competitors with feature sets and image quality at least in the same league, for considerably less money.

I'm actually pretty underwhelmed to be honest.

The lens roadmap is pretty ho hum and the XT2 is not blowing me away. I'll have to see how much of an improvement they made in the AF, but if the standard Fuji AF is still there - then it will be another "close but not quite" for many people.

I wish them all the best of luck as Fuji has a lot of very good qualities....just none of which that can pull me away from Nikon or Olympus.

Now...if the medium format camera is in a good price point, I might be able to boast a 3 camera brand kit again! lol

Well, apart from the D500, EOS 7D, and the X-Pro1, it's the most expensive APS-C camera I'm aware of (well, and the Samsung NX1 if you still count that). And the CaNikon models are all-out pro models, which the XT2 still isn't. I love the improvements, but honestly a 300 dollar hike in release price over the XT1 seems too much to me, if you consider that several of the improvements are mainly due to the general marching-on of technology (24mp, 4K video, the AF improvements to the extent that they are due to the faster processor). Sure, the mic input, AF point joystick, and innovative screen tilting mechanism are nice, but not 300 dollar nice if you ask me.

haha it's still the interchangeable lens camera I'd be most likely to buy if I had the money (that or the Sony a7R II), it's just a good bit more expensive than I would've expected.

Crap, now I might sell my 6d.

Who needs a 6d? JK.

Reading some cool reviews about it and it looks exciting to me. I think the XT2 with a 56mm 1.2 would just about be my dream setup. Had the XT1 and miss it.

I gotta agree with Bart (I think.... I'm felling pretty wishy-washy since I don't really take photos anymore).

I'll admit to drinking the Fuji kool-aid, but despite how great the lenses are and how often (and extensive) the firmware upgrades (not merely updates) come, they are still not PRO camera with all the support that entails. Having said that, I'd still prefer to shoot the Fuji to the Canikon's. Maybe it's just being a devil's advocate or maybe they have some of that "pride of ownership" juju. Or maybe it's more of a "premium" brand rather than just comparing the spec sheets. I guess I could compare it to a fine wristwatch (of which owning one doesn't appeal to me). The $1,000 wristwatch doesn't really keep time any differently than the $500 one does, but they still sell them.

I think the X-T2 will be a $1,200 body six months after it's release. I think they just have a "me-first" luxury penalty built-in.

$1600 is OK for the opening MSRP of your super-flagship camera. It will drop in price with time. Certianly those XT2 product shots could be entered in the "Lust" salon challenge.

To be honest, the X-T1 looks fantastic enough as it is and if I owned one, I couldn't imagine being that desperate to get the X-T2.
If you owned an XT1, the honeymoon might be over by now and you'd be looking for the next model. In addition, the AF is supposedly quite an upgrade, and that can be a very tempting feature if your current AF is on the slow side.

Last edited:
I took advantage of the X-T2 fervor to grab a mint condition X-T1 at a very good price just a couple of weeks ago. I've always tried to get my cameras gently used at significant discounts. Short of breakage or theft, I don't see myself upgrading any time soon. The X-T1 is the best camera I've ever owned.

TT

That's where my mind has a disconnect from new retail prices for new cameras. There's no WAY that the X-T2 is $1,000 worth better than all the mint used X-T1s that are going to be scattered all over the forum classifieds and eBay in the coming months.

But boys need their toys. For me, I'd rather put that extra cash towards some nice glass. For others, the price difference might be more like the loose pocket change under their couch cushions.

I might grab one when the X-T3 comes out and the X-T2s are barely selling for $600. :daz:

That's why I put my money down on more glass. I'm not constrained by the body given my use model. But yep, 24MP - it's a good thing it's mirrorless. Moving from 16MP to 24MP on a DSLR really showed how well your shot-discipline held up. Mine was wanting - it was a bit of a culture shock for about two weeks and also showed which of my glass needed retirement. The mirror-AF sensor interaction was a real showstopper.

It looks like the X-Pro2 will be getting a firmware upgrade to give it the AF algorithm from the XT2.
Fujifilm announced new firmware update for the X−Pro2 camera | Photo Rumors
You folks are getting all the toys!

They don't do a lot of work, those photo rumours boys... ;)

Here's the actual press release. All I have edited out is the UK press office contact details.

FUJIFILM announces Fujifilm X-Pro2 firmware Ver. 2.0 update to further enhance its performance

Embargo: 7th July 2016
6.00am BST

Fujifilm Corporation (President: Kenji Sukeno) has announced that it will release firmware update Ver. 2.0. for the FUJIFILM X-Pro2 rangefinder-style mirrorless digital camera in October 2016.

With the firmware update, the FUJIFILM X-Pro2 and the new FUJIFILM X-T2 will stand side-by-side as double flagship X Series cameras.

Detail of the update includes:

The new autofocus algorithm* that is implemented on the new FUJIFILM X-T2 to produce faster and more accurate autofocus will also be implemented on the FUJIFILM X-Pro2. 
* Excludes the new AF-C Custom Settings functions.

Compatibility with the new hot-shoe mount flash EF-X500. The camera will now be enabled with high-speed flash sync and multi-flash lighting.

AUTO POWER OFF will now have 15 sec, 30 sec, and 1 min. options, allowing more customisable power management.

The parallax correction function will be improved to provide a more accurate and easier-to-use Optical Viewfinder.
*The detail of the firmware is subject to change.

Planned release date: October, 2016

For UK CONSUMER ENQUIRIES please contact:
FUJIFILM UK Camera Service fujitec@fuji.co.uk Tel: 0344 553 2321

ABOUT FUJIFILM:
FUJIFILM Corporation and its group companies develop, produce and market products in the Imaging Solutions business (colour films, digital cameras, photofinishing equipment and colour paper, chemicals and services for photofinishing) and Information Solutions business (equipment and materials for medical diagnostics and life science, equipment and materials for graphic arts, flat panel display materials, recording media, optical devices, electronic materials and inkjet materials). The company employs more than 80,000 people worldwide, with 282 subsidiaries all over the world. Uniquely placed to be a market leader in digital imaging, Fujifilm develops and manufactures its own sensors, lenses and processing technology. In addition to its production plants and R&D operations in Japan, the company has key manufaacturing facilities in Europe and the USA for core products such as colour film, colour paper, single use cameras and CTP printing plates, and has further factories in Brazil and China. It has a global turnover in excess of ¥114 billion (around £795 million). In the UK, Fujifilm has been supplying the imaging, printing and graphics industries, as well as consumers, professional and enthusiast photographers, with high quality, innovative products and services for over 30 years. Fujifilm UK currently employs more than 390 people and is one of the country's most popular photographic and imaging brands.

Back