SiJ 2017 - Day 24.

Between work and family commitments it is getting harder to to post a photo each day. I am determined to stick with the project but some days the search for a subject often becomes more a point and click than my usual more thoughtful approach. Kind of like speed dating with a camera and Lightroom.
EM5 mk2 + Olympus 25mm
P1240009.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Between work and family commitments it is getting harder to to post a photo each day. I am determined to stick with the project but some days the search for a subject often becomes more a point and click than my usual more thoughtful approach. Kind of like speed dating with a camera and Lightroom.
EM5 mk2 + Olympus 25mm
View attachment 123106
That's a nice shot. Good lighting and textures and that slice of sharpness cutting through the utensils works really well and gives it a 3D look.

EM5 mk2 + Olympus 25mm
View attachment 123106
You know, that's pretty much the spirit! Most of us have to really steal a moment during a busy day to seize a narrow window of opportunity, and sometimes, only creativity will help you out. Your image is a great example of how well this can work.

M.

NOTE: Not an SIJ post.

Maury River?
Ding, ding, ding. You have given the correct answer. (y)
All this rain we've gotten has reached the river. Just 10 meters upstream of this shot is a small dam that was part of the lock system. You see the remains of this lock system along the river as these large, broken concrete structures that are partially dismantled. You can also see the footings of an old bridge in my picture above. The picture below shows the transition from smooth to turbulent as the water runs over this dam.
DSCF1584-L.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back