Sony 1st post: ebay buyer wants shutter count

Have you tried this one? If it's included it should be displayed.

Jeffrey Friedl's Image Metadata Viewer

(Search for 'Shutter Count' on the page once the exif is loaded.)

I tested one and it shows up like this:
upload_2017-5-10_13-39-28.png

You could also say "I don't know, and this camera doesn't track shutter count, but my last jpg was numbered" whatever the number was, or take a best guess. There are lots of places to sell cameras. Don't let a demanding buyer hold you hostage!

You could also say "I don't know, and this camera doesn't track shutter count, but my last jpg was numbered" whatever the number was, or take a best guess. There are lots of places to sell cameras. Don't let a demanding buyer hold you hostage!

It was actually interesting to try and work with this "ebay terrorist" ;)
He had a tool that he was convinced would work. I used his tool on an image and came up with about 9 pages of screen saves. I sent them to the eager potential buyer and he subsequently threw up his hands and gave up!
All that to say this:
[all caps to indicate hilarious shouting]: SONY DOESN'T SAVE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING IN EXIF FILES: SERIAL NUMBER, SHUTTER COUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!
enough is enough, point proved, buyer lost! ;)

s/he might not have even been a buyer. Sometimes people like that are just shopping for primo deals. If you had said "200" maybe they're interested. If you had said 3000 maybe not so much.

Last edited:
You're probably right.
OTOH, I've heard that one can estimate shutter count by exposure number. If you believe that it hasn't flipped past 9999, you might just use the shot number.
Thanks all for the help!

Back