Explanation of great NYT shot of Comey Hearing

Ray Sachs

Legend
Name
you should be able to figure it out...
There's a great ultra wide (I assume) shot from the Comey hearings in front of the Senate Intel Committee on Thursday. It went viral within minutes. Here's a cool little article where the photographer tells how he got it. And how it went viral almost immediately within minutes of him snapping it...

A Photo of James Comey Takes the Internet by Storm (Published 2017)

-Ray

It's too bad he didn't mention which lens (how wide?) and which camera (he could send pix directly from the camera) he used.

Thanks for posting!

Cheers, Jock

He did mention he zoomed all the way out. I'm guessing it was something like a 16-35 or something full frame. Or the equivalent if not full frame, something like the Fuji 10-24... Must have been shooting JPEGs to be able to wi-fi it out so quickly - not sure what other technology that instant transfer required. I like the other shot he got from one his remote cameras in the back that shows he and one other guy using tall monopods at the front, which is where the iconic shot came from. I can't imagine a photograph better portraying what it must be like for a person in the center of the fishbowl at one of those really high profile hearings. And to paraphrase Comey, Lordy, they don't get any higher profile than that one!

-Ray

Back