Doodles and daubs

Lightmancer

Legend
Name
Bill Palmer
I amused myself yesterday by sticking a pinhole lens on the front of my X-Pro2.

I amused myself today by converting the photo into a drawing - a sharp rendition of a fuzzy image.

I used to draw and paint quite a bit before I first seriously picked up a camera. I'm a little out of practice - this is my first illustration for about nine months - but I find it quite relaxing.

Does anybody else cross the mediums like this? If so, post 'em here.
Guildford Castle Pinhole 1.jpg
IMG_20180210_165211_099.jpg

I have dabbled in different forms of art pretty much all my life, from sketching to oil painting and currently, pyrography. Some artists have the skill to craft ultra-realistic woodburnings; I'm not one of those, at least not yet. Here's the beginning of a rendition of our cat Oliver, who has a very complex color and shading scheme. I expect this project will take me all summer to finish.

Day 1.png

I like your rendering of the castle. I was wondering what sort of holder you use for the fat lead. I have thought about trying that sometime. I was looking at some online and they seemed to come with HB lead. I like the 2B, 4B grades better. Thanks

I like your rendering of the castle. I was wondering what sort of holder you use for the fat lead. I have thought about trying that sometime. I was looking at some online and they seemed to come with HB lead. I like the 2B, 4B grades better. Thanks

That's a koh-i-noor pencil, purchased from Amazon. It comes with an HB lead, which I replaced with a 2B, which I ordered at the same time. The actual website for the supplier is www.czechdrawing.com

Back