$399 EOS M+22mm f2 Ebay DoD

Discussion in 'Canon EOS M Forum' started by zapatista, May 10, 2013.

1. entropic remnants

entropic remnants SC All-Pro

Mar 3, 2013
    John Griggs
    Great heads up -- but I don't have any Canon stuff and it's not really better than my OM-D E-M5 or G5 when you get right down to it -- APS-C and all.

But that's a fair price for it I think since the lens on it is so good.

2. AbePak

AbePak New to SC

May 10, 2013
    Yeah. The physical size difference between APS-C and ยต4/3 isn't as big as it is compared to FF.

3. zapatista

zapatista SC Regular

Jul 28, 2012
    Denver, Colorado
    Mike
    I think for someone with a Canon DSLR (crop or FF) who hasn't jumped on the "mirrorless" bandwagon this is ok. Hell, slow live-view AF is something a lot of DSLR user are used too. :p The IQ of the 18mp Canon sensor is not really any better than the 16mp Pany sensors. Here's one taken with the 22mm f2 last night...the sunset wasn't what I hoped for so had to be somewhat "creative".

Attached Files:

4. entropic remnants

entropic remnants SC All-Pro

Mar 3, 2013
    John Griggs
    I saw some tests with the lens and it's probably near to worth the $399 price. Buy a quality lens, get a body for free! I guess everyone just wonders how committed Canon is to this format.

5. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    I'd be intrigued to know what other camera bodies the lens can be used on in the future.

6. zapatista

zapatista SC Regular

Jul 28, 2012
    Denver, Colorado
    Mike
    Apparently there are 2 new bodies in the works this year for the M standard. I don't think the 22mm f2 lens is that great, but it is excellent for the money--You can buy the lens new in non-retail packaging for less than $140.

7. zapatista

zapatista SC Regular

Jul 28, 2012
    Denver, Colorado
    Mike
    Here are a couple "prototypes" for the new super-telephoto under development for the EOS M (40 years in advance).
    untitled (1 of 1).

8. lenshoarder

lenshoarder SC Veteran

Mar 7, 2012
    I read that the Canon M has really slow AF. I always take reviews with a grain of salt since many times it's not as bad as it's reported to be. In this case, I think they understated it. I played with one in store yesterday and it is ridiculously slow. The Canon M should only be use to take pictures of stationary objects. I think it gives a NEX + LA-EA1 + alpha lens a run for it's money for slowest AF in history.

9. zapatista

zapatista SC Regular

Jul 28, 2012
    Denver, Colorado
    Mike
    With the adapter it's as slow as the LA-EA1. The regular EOS M is not that slow in my experience--still slow, but not that bad.