3rd Party x100 battery reco?

Discussion in 'Fuji X100 Forum' started by otse, May 17, 2012.

1. otse

otse SC Rookie

Feb 19, 2012
    Happy Thursday,

Can anyone help me navigate third party x100 batteries on the market right now?

I've heard positive first-hand experiences with Promaster, but at $30 USD, seems awfully high for something that supposed to be competitive to on-brand batteries.

Then we've got:

Any advice?

2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    I have some from eBay that were $3.00 each. They work fine.
    BTW... It's the same battery as the GXR.
  3. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    I think the Wasabi batteries are made from better stuff. Japanese cells and pixie dust, I think. :biggrin:

Seriously, they have a good reputation and I have had great luck with them for my Oly, GXR (think it is the exact same battery as the X100, btw) and Pentax. Good stuff and typically a longer run time than the originals. They cost a tad bit more... think they are $25 for 2 of them with a car/travel charger.
  4. otse

otse SC Rookie

Feb 19, 2012
    Sweet - Thanks for the input guys.
    I went with the Wasabi batteries.
  5. kwaphoto

kwaphoto SC Rookie

Jun 16, 2012
    Colorado, USA
    Ken W. Andrews
    I used Maximal Power, I get them from Amazon at $9.99...the are GREAT! They hold a charge better than OEM for me. I have them for my X100, X10 and LX5 - perfect! I also saw a post not long ago at Kirk Tuck's site where he mentioned them as well! Amazon.com: Maximal Power DB FUJ NP-95 Replacement Battery for Fuji Digital Camera/Camcorder: Camera & Photo

"Circling back to cameras for just a minute. I live in fear of being somewhere far from the studio and being caught with a dead battery in my camera. But every time I head to the camera store to buy spares I'm stunned by the prices that Olympus and Sony (and Nikon and Canon) want for their camera batteries. In desperation I tried some no name batteries I found on Amazon in my EP2 and EP3 and I was pleasantly surprised. The brand I've been buying is called, Maximal Power, and, at $10 a wack they are wonderful. No failures in two years...." The Visual Science Lab / Kirk Tuck: Ahhh. The sweet smell of desire.
  6. Crsnydertx

Crsnydertx SC Top Veteran

Jan 21, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I'm not as adventuresome as StreetShooter; using a $3 battery in a $1200 camera is a non-starter for me. There was a thread here or on a companion website about a battery that swelled and stuck in some camera; that's my nightmare scenario.

Having said that, I've used Wasabi batteries in the past with Oly PEN and other cameras and had no problems.