And hello from Belgrade also

pictogramax

All-Pro
Hi everybody,

sorry for not doing this earlier. I have been an active lurker for quite a while and decided to became a little bit of an active member recently. I live in Belgrade, Serbia; I am a graphic designer by formation but I mostly draw comics and illustrations for years professionally.

Photography has been a part of my life for maybe ten years or more, but those were just the purest point&shoot images, in the most direct meaning of the word. I was just taking those pictures as a reference, didn't pay any attention to exposure, light or composition, just tried to stuff in as much as I could, to "digest" and re-use later in my drawings.

It was when my daughter was born, almost 5 years ago, and I was trying to capture the gentle beauty of our newborn, when photo-virus struck me. It was january, indoors low-light and everything I got was a blurry mess:-( Up to that time I used to shoot outside in daylight and everything worked fine on "auto":)

So I started educating myself on basics of exposure, mainly on DPR. And while a learned a lot there, and check regularly to see what's new on a technical side of development, a certain atmosphere of "adoring sharp pixels" (as someone put it well over there recently), made me lust for a different forum.

Here I found a community that I feel is committed more to actual content of an image than to dissecting noise levels in blue channel at ISO 139.700.000:) And I prefer it that way.

For those that might be interested, here are my links:

pictogramax - mondes dessines

Flickr: Milan Jovanovic /pictogramax's Photostream

Milan, here is an "official" welcome to Serious Compacts! And thank you on behalf of all the members here for your compliment. I do believe we strive to care more about the image than the pixels. I'm so glad that you've decided to join in as an active member and appreciate your thoughtful introduction very much.:flowers_2:

Welcome from Minnesota US! I like the "adoring sharp pixels" line - too true!

I added you on Flickr and look forward to seeing your images here!

Milan, here is an "official" welcome to Serious Compacts! And thank you on behalf of all the members here for your compliment. I do believe we strive to care more about the image than the pixels. I'm so glad that you've decided to join in as an active member and appreciate your thoughtful introduction very much.:flowers_2:
I think we care more about the person than a piece of metal. A great group here. Welcome Milan

Back