Sony 4k video settings

mathew

Regular
hi guys
im still learning my rx 100 v and im having a great time doing so but i need a bit more help ,, im setting it up for 4k video and im shooting in slog2 , im not to sure of the general shutter speed and aperture settings ? in slog2 the ISO is auto set to 1600 . iv current got the shutter set at 1/50 and the aperture set to 1.8 .( i read this was a general good value for these setting when sooting video ) this was giving a really blown out result which i couldn't colour correct at all but it was a very sunny clear day ,,, i turned on the built in ND filter which helped alot and the footage looked nice after colour correcting ,, is it ok to leave the shutter at 1/50 and lower the apiture a few stops if the video is really blown out and pushed all the way to the right on the historygram ????? my setup is premiere pro cc / sony rx 100 v / filmconvert using slog2 lut then fine tuning in lumatry using the scopes ,,,also iv read that some people use a stick on ND filter on the lens to help in high sunny conditions ?????? any help would be very much appreciated , thank you

Last edited:
Back