What was your Camera of the Year 2011.

I would have to go with the Panasonic Lumix G3, Feel's nice, light, Full of features, great EVF, Great swivel screen & Great image quality especially with the Pan/Leica 25mm f1.4 and 14-45mm kit lens.

If money was no object then it would be a Canon 5D Mk2 with 35mm f1.4L but that will have to wait.

NEX-7.

Those who didn't have a chance to handle it (yet) don't know how nice this camera is.
Wow Pavel. :eek: This is a turnaround, I would have predicted the GH2 for you....so it surpasses the top-o-the-line Panasonic for video as well? A big call my friend. But knowing you it would be 100% on the money. Have you done a review?

Fuji X100, by far.
The hybrid VF is genius. The image quality very impressive, among the very best aps-c sensor cameras. The design, manual controls and build quality top. Simply a joy to use.

Well if I had bought a Fujifilm X100 that would be it but my award goes to the Olympus E-P3 which has addressed most of the issues with my E-P1, reliable and fast AF, a top LCD, an extra function button, some decent glass (like the Olympus 12mm f/2 and 45mm f/1.8), good noise control up to ISO2500 provided you get the exposure right and fun to use. It is a good looking camera too and generally gets praise from others.

Not perfect as the white balance seems to have taken a nose dive, especially with longer exposures.

I am planning to do a write up on my year in review. Or at least that's the plan (amongst many other plans). So I'll hold off on my nomination. At least for now. :)

Wow Pavel. :eek: This is a turnaround, I would have predicted the GH2 for you....so it surpasses the top-o-the-line Panasonic for video as well? A big call my friend. But knowing you it would be 100% on the money. Have you done a review?

The GH2 is an excellent camera, I love mine. The NEX-7 is better as a camera, but Micro 4/3 is much better as a system, that's why I don't plan to switch to Sony NEX anytime soon.

I've bought 3 cameras this year the Sony Alpha A55 , Lumix G3 and the Fuji X10.

Of the 3 I would choose the Lumix G3.
Although I have two other m4/3 cameras , I have always remained unconvinced that the m4/3 format was going anywhere as the kit was small but not small enough and image quality was good but not good enough .
The G3 changed my mind.
Not only was the camera cheap - ish , it came with Lightroom 3 , the Jpeg quality was much improved and focusing is quick enough to enable shots like this with a lightweight lens (100-300mm)

southport-1000808.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back