Feedback I don't know where else to put this

I'm seeing some peoples shots all squashed up in the forums. Not everyone's and not all the time. Firefox wants to display some shots at their full size, but seems to constrain the width. Safari displays full size and places no constraints, so the right sidebar gets pushed off screen on this lappie. Its been an issue for me for months. I've just loaded Opera (but am not logged in) and it seems to be displaying correctly.

I just cannot work out why this is happening and why I seem to be the only one experiencing it, and only on this forum. Its weird, and its incredibly annoying. When I go to flickr the images are displayed normally. On the forum, they arent. And, like I say, its not all images, and its not all the time. I am not that inclined to change to Opera for fulltime web use.

Am I really the only one seeing this anomaly? HELP please?

Sue, sorry.. I see you've now edited your thread to add what it is that is bothering you. I'm going to move this into The Help and Feedback forum - help and feedback for and about the site. I believe Paul/pdh had a problem with this... I'll see if I can find his old thread, and in the meantime we'll see if anyone has some help to offer. I'm glad you let us know that you're having issues.

I have finally worked it out. I opened Opera, as I said above, and had a blinding flash of insight.

When in Opera, I was not logged in, so was seeing the theme as is defined as default on the site. All pix display in proportion. Logging in puts me into the theme I happen to prefer (and clearly cannot keep using) and thats Muted Blue... and in that theme, your X100 and Lili's GRD shots are all out of proportion.

Guess I have to use either the default theme or tolerate the disproportionate nature of the display. I choose the former, even though I dont much like all that red.

Ooh that needs flagging up with Mr. Sabet (if it's consistent ).

[my problem BB was that if someone used html code from flickr rather than bbcode, opera displayed the image squished ... still does in fact ...)

:confused: This reminds me a little of one of those emails about...going into another room and forgetting why we've gone in there. Happens a bit more to me than it used to.;)
This happens to me all the time! The original post was a theory about why I was not seeing shots as they were intended, and I was thinking along the lines of some people choosing to display theirs in the largest possible size, where the theme was constraining the proportions, so I posted for my own edification, two shots, one at its largest and they other in the default flickr share box, but it didnt make any difference. I saw my shots in proportion... but, interestingly, the flickr box didnt actually display the largest size, it chose something between 640 and 1024.

I think I'll try again... I'm using muted blue here right now so will be able to see if thats actually the issue for this theme

apologies for multiple posting of the same shot but it seems to me to be the only way to test this out.

View attachment 46141
Moreton Bay Figs by kyte50, on Flickr

View attachment 46142

View attachment 46143

Ooh that needs flagging up with Mr. Sabet (if it's consistent ).

[my problem BB was that if someone used html code from flickr rather than bbcode, opera displayed the image squished ... still does in fact ...)

AHHHHHHH!!!!!
I always use BBcode. Going to try mine with HTML now :)

except all it did was disply the actual code.... how do i get the edit box to use the html?

See my screen shot in this thread: https://www.photographerslounge.org/f17/how-post-images-forum-threads-45/#post2381 which is hiding out over here as a part of the sticky thread in the Site Information forum.

P.S. You can click on my screen shot since it's an attachment.

P.P.S. Keep reading you'll see another screen shot.

Thanks, but thats not what I meant. I know *how* to get the html code. But here a moment ago (in the muted blue theme) all it did was display the code and not the picture.

View attachment 46145

Just like that... sighhhh.

Actaually it doesnt matter that much anymore. As far as I am concerned, its a theme issue. Muted Blue does not display all photographs as they ought to be displayed. It is likely that its to do with the choice of display mode on the part of the person who's posting from flickr, but it ought not to matter.

SC theme works for all photographs
Muted Blue does not.

It doesnt matter if you are logged in or not.

Back