Hello from faraway, exotic Troy NY

Jock Elliott

Hall of Famer
I have been a professional writer for 40 years and a fulltime freelancer for the past 15 years.

I write mostly for high tech and medical organizations, but I also have written under my own byline for a number of magazines.

I write a weekly blog for Airguns of Arizona - Precision Air Rifles, Airgun, Pistols, Pellets and shoot photos to illustrate my blog, which you can find here: Airguns of Arizona Blog | Weekly airgun reports from airgunners to airgunners!

When I was a kid, I shot photos for the school paper with a Leica and Tri-X. I took some photography in college and still have a collection of Pentaxes moldering in a drawer. I even have an Olympus IS-3 (a fixed lens 35-180 35mm SLR).

But here's the thing: those big cameras never go anywhere because it is too big a pain to haul them around.

About 8 years ago, I bought my first digital camera, an Olympus D-550, and I have had literally hundreds of pictures from that camera published. A year ago, I wanted a bigger viewing screen and additional capabilities, so I bought a Canon G12. My ideal camera would be like a G12 with APS-C sensor, a manual control each for shutter and aperture, and easy manual control (if I wanted it) of zoom and focus.

I just discovered this forum the other day, and it seems like it might be my kind of place.

Welcome Jock "exotic Troy" sounds good - I'm sure you'll have a good time here ......... just post a few images as that's what it's all about, (IMHO)

Jock welcome! I'm from "downstate" in Westchester County, New York. Bill is right, please do add some of your photographs to any of the image threads or feel free to begin a new thread, too. Check out our Site Information forum for all sorts of helpful info and how to stickies.(y)

Dan,

I run a commuter assistance network on ham radio workday mornings. We cover Schenectady.

Do you find the X100 as quirky as some people have made it out to be?

Jock

Back