6 days, 2600 miles, X10 on a motorcycle..

photogfollett

Veteran
Name
John
I just got back from a 6 day, 2600 mile motorcycle trip with a friend that went from Southern California to Route 66 to the Grand Canyon, to Utah and Monument Valley, Canyonlands N.P., The Arches N.P., Bryce N.P., Zion N.P., Las Vegas, SoCal and then back home to the S.F. Bay Area. While just about every day the temperatures were 100º to 115º the X10 held up well resting in my tank bag. The only down side to a motorcycle adventure is that I passed up sooo many photo opportunities due to the fact that we were putting in 400-550 miles per day. :(
I'll have to go back and do the trip in a car one of theses days.
Anyway, here's a few pics I took along the way;

Route 66 in Needles, California
Route-66-LR_web.jpg

Grand Canyon, Arizona
Grand-Canyon-1-LR_web.jpg

Monument Valley, Utah
Monument-1-LR_web.jpg

Hoover Dam, Nevada
Hoover-Dam-LR.jpg

Thanks for looking!

A couple of years ago, I took a similar motorcycle trip going from Southern Caifornia to the east coast then back. I packed all of my camera gear with the intention of taking lots of photos, but so much time was spent in the saddle I had little time to take many pics. Next time, I'll plan for more "sight seeing" time. Glad you had a safe trip!

Thanks. Actually I processed those from the jpg files, although I have some duplicate raw format files. I was in kind of a hurry to give my riding buddy some pictures from our trip so he could post the copy on a ride thread on a motorcycle forum. I'm still getting use to the X10 and all of its complexity. It was particularly challenging with a lot of harsh, mid day sun and the haze from the fires in Arizona and Colorado..

John, that had to have been an amazing trip! I hope you'll put more of your pictures up and give us a link to the set on Flickr when you set one up. There's so much of America that I haven't yet seen!

The song "Route 66" keeps running through my head... Looking forward to seeing more, along with some of you and your friend, I hope!

Thanks! I have to admit that I kept singing the Route 66 song in my helmet while riding along. Unfortunately, my riding buddy had loaned me an in helmet communication device for the trip! It took a while to stop singing and talking to myself....
Here's a link to some uploads of the trip on Photobucket. These are just unprocessed images for memories sake..

Southwest ride 2012 pictures by JohnFollett - Photobucket

Back