Fuji 3 days & 2 nights with the Fujifilm X-Pro1

Just what I needed! The image quality is pretty darned stellar as far as I'm concerned.

I have not been keeping up with the news on this camera of late due to be ensconced in the Single In January microcosm. (Just FYI, I'm moving this into the subforum we have dedicated to this series of X camera.)

This portends to be a super camera set up. Perhaps in a year or two, I'll have a chance to try one out if I can afford it.

The higher ISO shots look very clean, as much as you can tell from ~1000 pixel image anyway. The images have gone through Adobe Photoshop Elements but that may have been just for resizing. I wouldn't say much else about image quality based on the samples; almost any camera can look good on flickr :). Usability will be the key for this camera I think if they want to make inroads into the greater ILC market.

They do look nice, but there's nothing shot at higher than 3200 ISO, which the x100 already handles incredibly well. And they are small images. I'd like to see some large images at 6400 and 12800 to see if it's notably better than the camera I already have.

-Ray

Yes, it's nice to see additional shots coming up, but some full user testing will be needed for each of us to be able to judge if it meets our needs. I'm not not much interested in the high ISO stuff - for me it's about quality at lower ISOs, usability, and the lenses.

Well no doubt, these are extremely detailed photos and Fuji is really showing their real muscles now! So yes, if am switching my existing system to something better, it has to be atleast this good! very good!

...and looking at the original unprocessed jpeg I remain beyond impressed! Oh Lord help me!!!!!
I hadn't seen that pbase page (which has some additional shots, including a couple at 6400). This thing is looking awfully good. OK, what can I sell. I have to keep the EPL3 with all of the really wide stuff (lenses not covered by the Fuji yet and I love the flip screen), the superzoom, and a street lens or two, but that leaves a few lenses I could sell. Then there are the bikes that aren't getting ridden.... My daughters are both adults now so I guess its too late to sell them.. :D

Oy vey.

-Ray

These are all pre-production models, so let's wait what the real camera can do. Fuji will probably make several improvements, that's why the shipment of production models has been delayed for a few weeks.

Back