My Older Son

Thanks, James. A bit of mixed light, but still a usable image I think. I agree, the X10's capabilities for me are really starting to show. Now if the OVF was a bit more "information rich" I'd be an even happier user.
. . . David

David, on my computer your first version looks much better..he just looks like a handsome outdoorsy guy with darker skin tones...whereas in this second version it looks as though he has an allergy around the highlights of his face..they're very pinkish/magenta looking to me. I'm on my MacBook Pro. I vote 100% for the first one and think it's a wonderfully happy natural portrait and a keeper.

My husband has an extremely ruddy complexion and sometimes I do desaturate or cut back on the vibrancy...but many times my color portraits of my husband are accurate but people who don't know him can't believe it.

6778909345_f618919452_b.jpg

has been desaturated and I've cut down on the vibrancy...where as in this one

6778983973_ea8cca0851_b.jpg

I chose a much more extreme method...which I haven't decided upon yet... Just wanted to show these as an example of what I mean.

I think your first version looks great, David - he's very good looking, as well.:D

Thanks for all the input, folks. Greatly appreciated! Even suggestions for improvement on this forum come out well unlike other places found on da' internet. ;-)
BB - thanks for including the photos of your husband. They were very helpful. My older son has very dark skin. Sometimes it is a bit ruddy too. He is partially of Italian decent. Add that to the mixed incandescent light source and three large windows and it's tough one to get right.
I saw the reddish problem on the camera LCD right after I took the picture and remember thinking, oh, oh.
Thanks again to all.
. . . David

Back