"The Impassioned Eye" Henri Cartier-Bresson

Thank you so very much for this video, Luc. It's a real gift and one that I will want to revisit many times.

"You see, you feel and the surprised eye responds." "You see a photograph all at once, like a painting." "The balance between eye, mind and heart." So many wonderful images to see and the thoughts expressed within this video are just as important to hear.

Definitely worth listening and watching and bookmarking. Thanks again, so much, Luc.

Thanks for that link, Dan - I ordered a copy.

References were made to HCB's 1952 book, "Images a la Sauvette". I did a little research in the usual places to see about getting a copy. Well....it's been out of print for quite some time, but if anyone is interested, a precious few copies are available through Abe Books. Price? Between $1,000 and $15,000....:eek::eek: I believe I'll pass on that...;)

There is one on ebay too, a buy it now for $2750.. or best offer which I can't imagine would be more than a couple hundred off.... maybe.

I know you would think with his popularity they would reprint it. Of course it wouldn't be worth what the originals are but still.. it would be nice to possess such.

Back