A 5 mile walk through the local lanes

grebeman

Old Codgers Group
A beautiful spring like morning, I set off with no real plan in mind, but ended up taking a 5 mile circular walk through some of my local lanes.

P1050251.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A view with Malston Barton Farm in the distance, Panasonic GH2 with P/L 45mm, f/2.8

1010125.jpg

Rejoining the hard top road, Panasonic GF1 with 14mm, f/2.5

10101281.jpg

Nearing Sherford Down Cross, Panasonic GF1 with 14mm, f/2.5

10106171.jpg

Sherford Down farm house, Panasonic GF1 with 20mm, f/1.7

P1050273.jpg

Keynedon Barton farm house, Panasonic GH2 with P/L 45mm, f/2.8
A farm house was recorded on this site in the Doomsday Book (1086) and parts of the current farm house date from the 14th century

Barrie

All very nice. Nice countryside you live in. Where I'm at, there's little open country to see, mostly boring buildings and asphalt streets. I always keep my x100 with me, but there just doesn't seem to much that catches my eye around here. I'm envious of anyone who has so much open space around them. Again, these are gorgeous!

Wonderful photos! How lucky you are to live there.. every day a little day to explore if you choose. Here it is houses, streets, rather boring surburbia. Not the big city, not the farms, just house and gas stations, fast food shops and mini-malls.. :D I had thought one time to document the extraordinary uninteresting just photographing the neighborhood but decided it would be too uninteresting for others to even find the.. boring humor in LOL. Thanks for sharing these they are a breath of fresh air!

Here it is houses, streets, rather boring surburbia. Not the big city, not the farms, just house and gas stations, fast food shops and mini-malls.. :D I had thought one time to document the extraordinary uninteresting just photographing the neighborhood but decided it would be too uninteresting !

I don't think you should give up on that Idea, Kristen ... that nice man Mr. Ruscha after all made some nice snaps of gas stations ...

I love # 2, 3, and 5... those little unpaved roads look so secluded and quiet! Any chance we could see some of them in colour? I'll always be a colour guy:redface:

I don't think you should give up on that Idea, Kristen ... that nice man Mr. Ruscha after all made some nice snaps of gas stations ...

I usually go for abstracts, macro.. I mean you can do that anywhere.. and when I get a bit further from the house sometimes I can do architectural things or properties that are about to be torn down. Have to get creative but I must say I would prefer a beautiful nature walk instead.

Back