Pentax This is just sad.

Pentax K-r successor? | Photo Rumors

Don't know what to say. I feel for the Pentaxians.

Just looks like a re-run on the K-x with its many colours. Kai will rip it to shreds as he did with the K-x and K-r. And most Pentaxians will ignore it. As long as it comes in black, I wouldnt care. If it came with the capacity to use AA batteries, I might even buy one.

And its still only a rumour. Those multicolour things go really well in Japan. Not so much elsewhere.

I keep thinking I'd like a DSLR to complement my X100. The K-5 is too rich for my blood and the K-01 has no viewfinder. I waffle on the K-r.....maybe this K-z or whatever it is could be the ticket.

Luke- The Kx is a really great camera. I'd look at one of those second hand.

Thanks Stanley.....I tried one out and for me the deal breaker between the Kx and the Kr is the little illuminted box in the viewfinder showing you where your focal point actually is. It may seem minor, but it's the difference of whether your subject is in focus or not. I have the same issue when I use the optical viewfinder on the X100. When I really stop down and have a bigger DOF, I don;t mind being a little off, but I like shooting pretty wide open, so when you miss your focus.....you really miss it.

To be honest I'm sorta glad I jumped ship - Pentax appears to be on a steep downward trajectory. If only the spectre of FA Ltd lenses didn't haunt me :blush:

P.S., Pentax would get some kudos if they named it the "K-B". Most iconic Aussie beer now gone the way of the dodo I believe :(

I'll wait and see. If this is a low end, i.e., below the K-01 in price, DSLR for the masses at a good price then it makes good marketing sense. Not every camera needs to directed at the Pentax faithful, especially if they follow it up with a K-5 successor. I could see the line being, low end DSLR, mirrorless, high end DSLR.

Say hello to the newest Pentaxian..... a used white K-r is heading my way. We'll see what happens when Luke Skywalker meets the stormtrooper.

You're gonna love it. Next stop, B&H for lenses. Is it just the body, or body and 18-55 kit? Either way you should *immediately* invest in the matching 35mm f/2.4 which is small, light and has brilliant IQ from all accounts, and I believe the new 50mm when its released is also going to come in colours :)

For lens example shots, there are two places to look
The Pentax Photo Gallery

And
The Pentax Forums Lens Sample Archives

Pentax make lovely cameras -I have tried canon 350d,450d,50d and nikon and I prefer my k20d to the lot of them - especially for the colour the photos produce but what I cant understand about the k 01 is that there is no viewfinder ,not even an attacable one !!! as well as that why get a designer to design a camera and not a photographer ?

Pentax make lovely cameras -I have tried canon 350d,450d,50d and nikon and I prefer my k20d to the lot of them - especially for the colour the photos produce but what I cant understand about the k 01 is that there is no viewfinder ,not even an attacable one !!! as well as that why get a designer to design a camera and not a photographer ?

Don't get me started, Nikki!! I adore my Pentax stuff too, and to be absolutely honest, still prefer my K200D to the K-x and K-r (but its neck and neck with the K-5). I cannot imagine what Pentax were *thinking*. Someone dropped the ball on that one.

Thanks Sue, I got it with the kit 18-55. I also have an old Pentax Super Takumar 50mm f1.4. For now, that'll be enough to see if it will satisfy my needs before I add a lens or 2 to the line-up.

If I fall in love with it, I'll sell off my m4/3 kit to finance other lens purchases.

Thanks Sue, I got it with the kit 18-55. I also have an old Pentax Super Takumar 50mm f1.4. For now, that'll be enough to see if it will satisfy my needs before I add a lens or 2 to the line-up.

If I fall in love with it, I'll sell off my m4/3 kit to finance other lens purchases.

Oh, OK. I'm just about to pull the trigger on a cheap as chips lens from ebay. Not a pentax, its a HorusBennu, never heard of it before a couple of months back, but have now seen some samples on flickr and although its got a bit of a quirky bokeh, looks pretty good to me for $56AUDand free shipping :) I guess you'd call it a throwaway.

the kit lens is really quite good, is that one of the radioactive taks?
They are SHARP!!!!

yes, yes....precious Earth Elements and all that jazz (I love that I'm bringing radio active stuff into the house and my wife doesn't about it....tee hee). I have an old one I got when I picked up a Spotmatic last summer and used it once in awhile on my m4/3 cams and LOVED the way it rendered. I recently found a super mint one so bought a second one. Here it is mounted on a PEN with some extension tubes for some macro work.....
View attachment 51009
dead bee vs. Super Takumar by Lukinosity (not around much..... too much work), on Flickr

I guess this is a good time to share a photo of my none too subtle k-x.
5266018317_a8b8ccbaae.jpg

Orange by Arachide, on Flickr

When I saw that the k-x was going to be offered in orange, I had to have one. I was a bit disappointed it wasn't as vivid as I had hoped. (less neon, more sherbert) While I do wish the shutter didn't make such a racket and that the battery life wasn't so short, I do love the way images look with it. 98% of the time I have the 35/2.4 attached to it.

Back