A collection of videos about photography

Julien

Top Veteran
Name
Julien
I'll be posting here some interesting (to me) videos as I stumble upon them on youtube, vimeo, and the likes. I hope others members will contribute to make this thread a collection of the best stuff we can find on the web. If this thread grows big enough, I'll edit this first post and add an index to all the videos posted in the thread, with direct links.

Let's start with a series of videos (it's actually one single documentary cut in three parts) that may be enjoyable to those into street photography:

Chris Weeks - Documenting the Human Condition - Part 1/3 - YouTube
Chris Weeks and other street photographers talks about street photography and rangefinders. The first 8 minutes are focused on street photography, with some very, very nice shots. The rest of the video is more like a Leica rangefinder commercial, and not worth the time IMHO.

Chris Weeks - Documenting the Human Condition - Part 2/3 - YouTube
The continuation of the previous video. The first 3 minutes are again about rangefinders. The rest of the video is about street photography, with some good shots again.

Chris Weeks - Documenting the Human Condition - Part 3/3 - YouTube
The continuation of the previous video. This one is good all the way.

That 3 part video from Chris Weeks is what really turned me to street photography. I've lost track of how many times I've watched them.

Here's the video about Vivian Maier that Mark already posted on the Vivian Maier thread. Totally worth it to add to this collection/thread of videos though.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Are there any good photographic videos on YouTube that are not related to street photography?

I believe there are a few. One reason I wanted to create this thread was to sort and clean my bookmarks and I know there are some nice ones lost in there. I'll post those I can find. A first:

THE SHOT - documentary about a landscape photographer on Vimeo
This one follows landscape photographer Sławek Staszczuk in a daily outing. It's a slow-paced video, so it may bore some people but I think it's very appropriate for that particular subject.

Have some spare time for photography videos???? well there are plenty available online....

I just watched this BBC documentary about the eccentric Eggleston and his contemplative ''Democratic'' photography.
William Eggleston - Imagine Documentary - Part 1 - YouTube

A great 6 part series by the BBC called the Genius of Photography touches base on the many figures and eras of photography.
GeniusOfPhotography - YouTube

Under the ASX.tv tab the site has hundreds of different videos grouped by subject.
INTERVIEWS « ASX | AMERICAN SUBURB X | Photography & Culture

This site has a nice collection of photographic FineArt videos aswell.

Photographers in their own words | The New Orleans Photography Workshops

-Happy viewing.

Back