Nikon D3200 official

I have the a77 and the NEX7. The image quality differences are a non event. I'm sure someone will "prove" there's a difference with endless shots of brick walls and cats. But I've now done 24 inch prints from both and fail to see any appreciable difference at the sensor level. Lenses are another matter. I do wonder if any 3200 owner is ever going to buy a lens that can resolve anywhere near that sensor.

Gordon

I have the a77 and the NEX7. The image quality differences are a non event. I'm sure someone will "prove" there's a difference with endless shots of brick walls and cats. But I've now done 24 inch prints from both and fail to see any appreciable difference at the sensor level. Lenses are another matter. I do wonder if any 3200 owner is ever going to buy a lens that can resolve anywhere near that sensor.

Gordon

I prefer cat photos please!! Even though I recall a thread where someone was complaining about too many cat photos!!! :)

Some sample shots:

ISO 6400: Nikon D3200 @ 6400 ISO | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
ISO 12800: Nikon D3200 @ 12800 ISO | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Pretty good, but when you look at the EXIFs it's clear that they were done in decent light so it's not really fair (f5.6 aperture for the first shot, f8 for the second).

The only high iso official sample that I've found is more telling:
ISO 1600: D3200_3 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

There's significant noise even in "Large" Flickr size, which I find a bit worrying. I'm pretty sure the same scene shot with the D5100 wouldn't show any noise at this picture size.

Still, I don't think anyone is expecting this to be a low light king, so if it can produce decent images at ISO 1600 it'll be a good all around camera.

Has anyone shot with both a D7000 and D3200? Just wondering what their experience is with High ISO and with learning the focus system. A lot of D7000 users complained pretty loudly about poor focus/soft images - until they learned to use the camera properly. The D7K is pretty sensitive to good handholding technique, and sharpening in post.

Rich

Back