BillN

Hi Herman

fine down here ...... still working on the house but the sun is (now) shining and the garden is blooming

Hope you are well up there in Holland

Best wishes

Hi Bill, everything is fine up here. We got rain this morning, next days temperature will raise, we still don't have "real" summer.
I do look forward to the announcement of a Canon mirrorless system.
I assume you're "shooting" birds?

Thanks Herman, Birds, yes

hiding in bushes and behind trees, walking around in dull coloured clothing with bins around my neck, asking my wife to "keep quiet" when she comes out in the garden and wearing out my "new" Nikon 300mm f4 .......... I'm trying to see the Golden Orioles that have been around for a couple of weeks, I can hear them during most of the day and I know where they are, but they hide ........ the best I have got is a fleeting glance as a male flew from one tree to the next ....... some are easy, I am greeted most mornings, (and through the day), by Black and ordinary Redstarts, Greenfinches, a Dunnock plus the usual Great and Blue Tits together with the usual crowd of "garden birds" ... then there are always the usual Buzzards "floating" overhead with the odd Kestrel "bombing" through the air ...... noisy Jays are around most of the times as are mad Magpies who have started to attack my neighbours cherry tree.

It is a very enjoyable pastime and at my level, (a novice), there is always something interesting to see every day

Back