A 78 year old veteran again takes to the Devon lanes

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by grebeman, Sep 17, 2011.

1. grebeman

grebeman Old Codgers Group S.C. Charter Member

Jul 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    This was the oldest bus in this years Kingsbridge bus rally, new to nearby Dartmouth in 1933. It served this area until being withdrawn in 1957. It is now owned locally by the gentleman driving it, Colin who also organises the rally.

There are some more pictures here, Can it really be a whole year - Micro Four Thirds User Forum

[​IMG]
    Here it is turning off the main road towards the village of Sherford

[​IMG]
    On its return it goes through Frogmore to the village of Southpool, again a dead end for it

[​IMG]
    Here it is passing through my own village of East Charleton (my cottage is visible on the left in the background) on its way back to Kingsbridge, note that the destination blind has slipped somewhat which often happened with these type of destination indicators.

Barrie

• Like Like x 3
  2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    Nice Barrie. Nice cottage ya have also.....
    Thanks...Don

• Like Like x 1
  3. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer S.C. Charter Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    Nice shots Barrie. England at it's best :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Looks like a fun ride.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Barrie, I don't know where I've been but I surely missed this wonderful 78 year old veteran (bus) series! Can I come and live in your village and bring my dog...and, of course, my husband? What a lovely village - but that bus and especially, for me, your second shot that shows off the pleased looking riders inside is especially great!:drinks:

I'll be heading over across the hall to see more from this 78 year old veteran's ride!

• Like Like x 1
  6. grebeman

grebeman Old Codgers Group S.C. Charter Member

Jul 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Hi BB,

My neighbours cottage is for sale :smile:, shall I tell him you'll be round for a viewing? Plenty of walks for your dog round here, if it likes water be careful if you go down the estuary, it will either come back wet (if the tide is in) or muddy (if the tide is out) :frown:

Barrie

7. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB