A couple from my morning out.

Out and about at the Botanical Gardens in Brisbane.
Used my X-100 to take these shots, post processed using the basic software bundled with the Camera. But I do have Lightroom 3 on the way. :)

crayfish11.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

statue11.jpg

planetarium111.jpg

I didn't realise there were statues and artwork like that out at Toowong; I guess that shows how long it's been since I've been out to the botanical gardens. At least I recognise the dome, though :)

Thanks to everyone for the comments. I must say that my hands aren't exactly the steadiest, so I tend to lose a lot of shots when I PP at home. I might buy one of those stabalizing strap devices that you attach to your trousers/shorts which apparently help with keeping the camera steady.
I do have a tripod which will fix those problems but they do restrict ones mobility while out hunting shots. :)

Nice shots mate, I'm with the herd on this one - the second is a fave. For steadiness have you considered a monopod - some of the newer models fold up nice and small? Or how's about a Gorillapod?

Out of curiosity do you shoot through the viewfinder or via the LCD. I know I'm probably telling you how to suck eggs but the VF will steady the cam and give you a stop or two advantage.

Well that's my know-all rant done :blush:

Thanks for sharing mate....looking forward to more.

Nice shots mate, I'm with the herd on this one - the second is a fave. For steadiness have you considered a monopod - some of the newer models fold up nice and small? Or how's about a Gorillapod?

Out of curiosity do you shoot through the viewfinder or via the LCD. I know I'm probably telling you how to suck eggs but the VF will steady the cam and give you a stop or two advantage.

Well that's my know-all rant done :blush:

Thanks for sharing mate....looking forward to more.

G'day stillshunter, I will keep in mind the monopod and the Gorillapod. I use both the EV and the LCD equally, today though all were using the LCD. And your not telling me to suck eggs, I have so much to learn.... but am loving the ride. :)

Chris

Back