A couple of shots from my recent Budapest visit

Chris2500dk

Top Veteran
My wife and I just got back from a visit to Budapest. Weather was great and I had fun playing with my Sigma DP2s and my Pana LX5.
Sadly the SD card in the LX5 got corrupted and since I had been lazy and didn't back it up along the way I lost all the shot from there :(
Lesson learned I guess, fortunately we come there quite often so it's not like I lost photo opportunities I won't have again.

The DP2s shots came out fine though.

Here's one taken from the top of the newly renovated Margit bridge with the Parliament building in the background.
7266751618_345a22a83b_c.jpg

04 - SDIM0189_LR4 by ChristianHass, on Flickr

Statue of a girl and a dog along the riverfront
View attachment 54187
03 - SDIM0149_LR4 by ChristianHass, on Flickr

And finally the old watertower on Margaret island. We stayed at a hotel there, wonderful place. Half an hour from the city centre but in a big park with no cars so you don't feel like you're in a big city at all.
View attachment 54188
12 - SDIM0028_LR4 by ChristianHass, on Flickr

Lovely shots, crisp and well-seen. Budapest is an overlooked gem; a fantastic city to explore. I have only ever been there in Winter - great Christmas markets, but the icy wind off the Donau cuts you in half! They turn a multi-windowed building in the main square into a giant advent calendar, with an "unveiling ceremony" once a day, to great fanfare.

Must go back...

nice shots. I spent 18 months in Budapest, a very photogenic city indeed. It is wonderful in all seasons, though very cold in Winter and very hot in summer.

Just in case anyone is wondering whether it is a place worth visiting, I have a few shots on my flickr:
Budapest
Don't mean to hijack this thread; just wanted to show how great the city is.

It is indeed a lovely place, we went back this year as well and I got a great panoramic shot of the Danube with the classic sights. This year with my Sony RX100.

9667919884_d934873133_b.jpg

Forgot about this one.
View attachment 77585

Margaret Island in the Danube is basicly a big park with a couple of hotels and some sports facilities. There's a large fountain which was under renovations last year when we visited and has been completed this year. It's a very impressive show, around 30 minutes with the water sprays and colors choreographed to music.

The RX100 made it really easy to shoot. Set shutter speed and aperture, focused once, switched to MF with peeking and 10 fps shooting. Something was bound to come out good :)

Back