1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

A couple of shots from my recent Budapest visit

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Chris2500dk, May 25, 2012.

1. Chris2500dk

Chris2500dk SC Top Veteran

Dec 22, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    My wife and I just got back from a visit to Budapest. Weather was great and I had fun playing with my Sigma DP2s and my Pana LX5.
    Sadly the SD card in the LX5 got corrupted and since I had been lazy and didn't back it up along the way I lost all the shot from there :(
    Lesson learned I guess, fortunately we come there quite often so it's not like I lost photo opportunities I won't have again.

The DP2s shots came out fine though.

Here's one taken from the top of the newly renovated Margit bridge with the Parliament building in the background.
    7266751618_345a22a83b_c.
    04 - SDIM0189_LR4 by ChristianHass, on Flickr

Statue of a girl and a dog along the riverfront

03 - SDIM0149_LR4 by ChristianHass, on Flickr

And finally the old watertower on Margaret island. We stayed at a hotel there, wonderful place. Half an hour from the city centre but in a big park with no cars so you don't feel like you're in a big city at all.

12 - SDIM0028_LR4 by ChristianHass, on Flickr

• Like Like x 13
  2. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    Great shots Christian. I like #2 most.

3. Julien

Julien SC Top Veteran

Jan 6, 2012
    Paris, France
    Julien
    Wow that's a big loss, seeing how good these three shots are. Budapest look like a really fine city to visit in spring.

4. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    Gorgeous shots, love the first one! Sorry to hear about the memory card.

5. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Lovely crisp shots.

6. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. SC All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    I'm looking at a DP2S. I'd love a Merrill, but it's not in the budget, and your DP2S shots are very impressive.

7. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Lovely shots, crisp and well-seen. Budapest is an overlooked gem; a fantastic city to explore. I have only ever been there in Winter - great Christmas markets, but the icy wind off the Donau cuts you in half! They turn a multi-windowed building in the main square into a giant advent calendar, with an "unveiling ceremony" once a day, to great fanfare.

Must go back...

8. NathanJ

NathanJ SC Regular

Sep 18, 2012
    nice shots. I spent 18 months in Budapest, a very photogenic city indeed. It is wonderful in all seasons, though very cold in Winter and very hot in summer.

Just in case anyone is wondering whether it is a place worth visiting, I have a few shots on my flickr:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/npjimages/sets/72157604077769612/
    Don't mean to hijack this thread; just wanted to show how great the city is.

9. Chris2500dk

Dec 22, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    It is indeed a lovely place, we went back this year as well and I got a great panoramic shot of the Danube with the classic sights. This year with my Sony RX100.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/christianhass/9667919884/sizes/o/in/photostream/" title="DSC05347_stitch_small by ChristianHass, on Flickr"> 9667919884_d934873133_b. "1024" height="254" alt="DSC05347_stitch_small"></a>

• Like Like x 4
  10. RT Panther

RT Panther SC All-Pro

Dec 25, 2012
    Hope you enjoyed your vacation - and way ta' rock that Serious Compact! :cool:

11. Chris2500dk

Dec 22, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Forgot about this one.
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/christianhass/10069570125/" title="DSC05455sm by ChristianHass, on Flickr">"800" height="534" alt="DSC05455sm"></a>

Margaret Island in the Danube is basicly a big park with a couple of hotels and some sports facilities. There's a large fountain which was under renovations last year when we visited and has been completed this year. It's a very impressive show, around 30 minutes with the water sprays and colors choreographed to music.

The RX100 made it really easy to shoot. Set shutter speed and aperture, focused once, switched to MF with peeking and 10 fps shooting. Something was bound to come out good :)

• Like Like x 1