a day at the ballpark

Discussion in 'Sony RX100 Forum' started by Luke, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    My wife and I found ourselves with a rare day of no commitments. It was really hot out, but we hadn't been to a baseball game in awhile so we went at the last minute. I didn't want to be photographer guy so I just brought along the little RX100. Here's a few I like OK.....
    Miniature mode worked well for our lousy seats....
    the very last row by Lukinosity, on Flickr

gotta get some junk food....
    cheese dip and pretzels by Lukinosity, on Flickr

we sat above the bullpen for an hour and watched some of the pitchers warming up......man, they throw that ball fast!
    Mr. Kintzler warms up by Lukinosity, on Flickr

and I don't generally "shoot street", but it's such a great place for people watching, I couldn't resist sneaking in a couple.
    walk into the light by Lukinosity, on Flickr

the drinker and the worker by Lukinosity, on Flickr

unfortunately, the Brewers lost. And worse yet, one of the star players may have broken or dislocated his shoulder on this play...... http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2826367/gomez.gif
  2. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Nice street shots, Luke! That RX100 in your hands is doing well (though I cant keep up with you and your cameras!!)
  3. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    Nice shots Luke. I hope your Brewers faired better than my Phils. We thought about going today too, but I looked at the pitching matchup and thought the better of it - good move it was too. Hard to watch a proud franchise age and fall apart...

4. Great shots.

The advantage if these smaller cameras is not looking like the camera crazy guy/gal. And yet still being able to get lovely shots like these.
  5. entropic remnants

entropic remnants SC All-Pro

Mar 3, 2013
    John Griggs
    Wow! Those are some fun shots and also darn good photographs! (They can be mutually exclusive, lol) Nice job.
  6. Livnius

Livnius SC Veteran

Jun 3, 2012
    Melbourne. Australia
    Very nice shots Luke, love the Kintzler shot.
  7. CapoDave

CapoDave SC Veteran

Dec 3, 2011
    Mission Viejo Ca
    Dave Kavlich
    Great shots Luke.
    I saw on SC that it was Polish Heritage Day.
    Looked like a lot of fun.
  8. Boid

Boid SC All-Pro

Dec 15, 2011
    Bangalore, India
    Luke, I think you should definitely try your hand at more candid street shooting. Love 'em.
  9. Garylh

Garylh SC Veteran

Nice set, Luke..