A day at the Dr... 20mm f/1.7

Discussion in 'Micro Four Thirds Forum' started by M5-User, Nov 15, 2010.

1. M5-User

M5-User SC Rookie

Oct 23, 2010
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Panasonic G1
    Panasonic G 20mm f/1.7
    Auto ISO - 100-200 - 1/3 steps
    No Flash
    Program Mode

Comments Welcome

• Like Like x 5
  2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    Peter,
    Pretty good job my friend. I'm really moved by # 4 & 5.
    Don

3. M5-User

M5-User SC Rookie

Oct 23, 2010
    #4 :rofl:
    He wanted to get inside the box/toy when he saw it he could fit. And Katrina lifted up the box/toy so he could crawl under it...
    I have an image with my wife holding up the box/toy and Nicks legs still outside the box/toy...

#5 :smile:
    His Dr was asking us general health questions, and Katrina was going through some great reactions....It was his wellness check-up... nothing serious :tongue:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator Moderator

Jul 3, 2010
    Great series, Peter. I enjoyed seeing the day unfold.

As an aside, this series shows how versatile the 40mm equivalent angle of view can be - some of these look like they were taken with a wide angle, and others look like they were taken with a short tele.

• Like Like x 2
  5. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    I'll add my thanks Peter. Thought a visit to the doctor can be stressful, I'm glad that this visit wasn't about something serious or ominous. I love your son's reactions in #3 and #4.

Amin's observations about the versatility of the 40mm equivalent is a good one. This is one of the reasons I don't generally have an issue with a high quality fixed lens.

• Like Like x 1
  6. AbigailsParty

AbigailsParty SC Rookie

Nov 12, 2010
    Great shots, 3 and 4 my faves. I hate hospitals dont think I would have been able to hold camera still in there lol. The 20mm sure is a great little prime.

• Like Like x 1
  7. M5-User

M5-User SC Rookie

Oct 23, 2010
    Well, normally, a hospital visit is for serious stuff, and cameras would not be a wise option...
    But, All but one Dr. is located in this Children's Hospital.. So his basic check ups are here for the most part. It makes it easy on us :thumbup:

8. M5-User

M5-User SC Rookie

Oct 23, 2010
    It's all in the subject to camera distance and f/stop in combination..... we create the perspective
    I knew with limiting my ISO to 200, the camera would pick larger f/stops (f/1.7-f/2.8). And, I already know, that when you close to the subject, the DOF is very short, so even short FL could have limited DOF.
    #4... I wish the AF locked on his face though,
    #5... I had the Swing out LCD in use in my lap... The G2 with a touch LCD for the AF point.. would have been a good thing. I had push the Shutter button 1/2 down a few times for it lock on the Dr.
    #6... was my only capture... got lucky on this one I use the 23 point AF... 95% of the time it works just fine. :drinks:

9. grebeman

grebeman Old Codgers Group S.C. Charter Member

Jul 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Peter,
    Thanks for sharing those with us and I'm glad to hear that things were good with Nick's health.

Your shots seem to have a distinctive quality about them that immediately identifies you as the photographer, you've obviously got a way of setting up the camera or processing your images that no one else seems to have cottoned onto.

Barrie