A Day in the Garden

neilvan

Regular
I bought a Samsung EX1 yesterday and went to my local community garden to give it a try. So far I am extremely impressed with this camera. The colours are spot on and it has wonderful image qualities that I haven't seen in a P&S-type camera (and I have had a LOT over the years)...

p647974738-5.jpg

p887444230-5.jpg

p637493704-5.jpg

Congrats on your new camera, Neil - the colors do look really nice. Beautiful close up of that flower, in particular!

It would be wonderful if you'd consider giving us your personal review of the camera after you've spent some more time with it - or you could make it an ongoing review, as Vince has done with his LX5. If you're up for it, just start a new thread in the Fixed Lens forum. I see that it's also known as the Samsung TL500. It looks like a great little serious compact.:drinks:

Thanks for the comments folks...

My apologies but I am not much of a 'reviewer', just a user (I don't often read reviews either :rolleyes:), I prefer to just buy cameras and see if they meet my needs.

That said, if any questions come up about the EX1 I will answer them to the best of my abilities and of course, I will share more photos!

Hi Karen,

Correct side of the continent but no, I am in western Canada. Coquitlam, BC to be more precise. I have been going to this community garden for eight years on a very regular basis for photography...(Colony Farm Community Garden), stop in if you are ever up this way, it is beautiful from spring to fall...kinda brown and wet in the winter though!

About 90% of these flowers I have photographed are from there: Zenfolio | Neil Vanderwolf | Flowers

Back