A dramatic storm during sunset flying out of Belize

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by lattiboy, Nov 11, 2015.

1. lattiboy

lattiboy SC Regular

Mar 6, 2011
    Sony RX10 mkii.

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. pictogramax

pictogramax SC Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2011
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Whoa! Spectacular. Must have been a treat to watch and shoot.
  3. lattiboy

lattiboy SC Regular

Mar 6, 2011
    Thanks. I took about 150 in ten minutes. Will probably do a whole separate post with all of them. I took a 4K video too, but that takes forever to edit and grade.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Tilman Paulin

Tilman Paulin SC Top Veteran

Nov 15, 2011
    Portland, OR
    Wow - what a sight! :) Well captured!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    150 images? Need a slideshow.
  6. Jock Elliott

Jock Elliott SC All-Pro

Jan 3, 2012
    Troy, NY
    Wow! Print that big, hang it up somewhere, and watch it stop people in their tracks.

Cheers, Jock
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    That's really cool! When I was a kid (this is probably getting close to 40 years ago), I was flying back to Arizona from seeing family in the East and we had to divert to miss two huge tornado making storms in Oklahoma. They were so big that we ended up having to fly BETWEEN them and that was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. We were in sunlight and calm skies, but a few miles out of either side of the plane you could see all hell breaking loose in these HUGE storm systems, just huge black clouds with all sorts of lightning happening even at that crazy high altitude, and probably unspeakable violence happening on the ground. It was visually just amazing - best show I've ever seen. No pics, though! You did better than I did!

• Like Like x 1