1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

a few days in west penwith

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by pdh, Dec 16, 2011.

1. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    i am limited to a 9" screen and some linux hacking this week ... so do please cut me some slack if the iq is not up to scratch ...

6522265181_e82a04029b_b.
    tate st ives by _loupe, on Flickr

dp2s

• Like Like x 1
  2. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
  3. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
  4. Landshark

Landshark PhotoDog

Jul 15, 2010
    SoCal
    Bob
    • Like Like x 1
  5. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    I like the looks of all three, Paul. You'll have to be the ultimate judge upon your return but, for my eyes, the softness is very pleasant.

I'm still trying to figure out what that design is in your first - love the reflections in all three!

6. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    the first is Tate St Ives. Google will find you plenty of images of the building. I came down to see this exhibition: Tate St Ives| Current Exhibitions | The Indiscipline of Painting ... which was quite staggeringly good.

The second is local bar/gallery in Penzance close to the seafront. I liked all the reflections with the half-hearted attempt at xmas decorations juxtaposed with someone's clothes drying ...

The third is the Exchange Gallery in Penzance; it used to be the telephone exchange and has been beautifully converted to a wonderful exhibition space. I saw this there ... Newlyn Art Gallery - PerformTrans - also extremely fine. I've a few shots taken at the Exchange over the past couple ofyears, including one of my own favourites of my own images, which I've posted before ... this one ...

exchange reflection moment by _loupe, on Flickr

No shots of the Newlyn Gallery this time where I saw this ... Newlyn Art Gallery - JohnMA (and also quite staggeringly good) -

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    IQ is fine on all of them, but I agree with Landshark that "exchnage sky glass crrve II" is the killer image of the bunch...

-Ray

• Like Like x 1
  8. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    revisiting ...

6532282313_ab3da0ced4_b.
    driftPC184047 by _loupe, on Flickr

this one a a little over a month ago, posted elswhere on the forum

6341071317_4095deb2fc_m.
    reservoir stumps by _loupe, on Flickr

... couldn't quite get the same viewpoint this time (for obvious reasons) ...

• Like Like x 1
  9. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
  10. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    Treen cliff, just gorgeous!

• Like Like x 1
  12. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    thanks Kristen.
    Good to look at Sapphie's and mine to see how different the moods of this coast can be.

Here's a reprocessed version of the PZGallery shot ... the other one still looks weird to me and I prefer the new cersion ...

6548516963_dfaa0697fa_b.
    drying, with decorations II by _loupe, on Flickr